ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please

The other half is currently travelling back from Doncaster at the minute and just called to say that having some problems with car. (MK1 172)

When accelerating there is a juddering sensation which seems to be coming from front drivers wheel.

Her brother is in the car so I got him to check the usual, There is no play on wheel - bearing etc brakes and steering ok?

Any ideas as I am lost as to what this can be?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
how bad is the noise, mine is like a drum when i accelerate, its the lower mount there is a guide on the top of this page of how to correct it

No noise at all, just juddering.. Car has been fine so not ongoing problem and literally just past MOT so was well and truly checked over both by me and garage.

Just check that post on lower mount.

I don't think it will be that as never happened in the past and likelihood it has just happened is slim. Plus the vibration is under and steady acceleration not hard acceleration.

Suppose will need to see for myself when she finally arrives back! Man suspense is the hardest part :-(

Have they jacked it up to check the wheel nuts are tight?

Maybe the engine mount on its way out and rocking the lump gently but building up momentum as it does so? (stab in the dark that one LoL)

Apparently so mate who knows with birds though eh!

I am hoping that is the only problem as saves me getting extremely cold

Yeah could be a point..... Would this make a big difference aloys brand new? Obviously not perfect but with what getting explained to me sounds really bad

Just had another call cant go over 40 its that bad... Def not wheel weight.. only from front drivers wheel but no noise..

one good point she is almost home - Birds and cars!

Had a quick look at car last night and all wheeles suspension and brakes appear ok... When driving there is no noise just judders really badly as if road wheel is not actually round if that makes sense? Like something buckled?

As problem appears to be sort of from middle of car but feeding to drivers side front wheel was thinking could this be drive shaft?

Anybody had these problems or similar?

Need to take a better look at weekend as engine under tray cover needs to be removed to see drive shaft joint

Any help appreciated.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
you'd hear if it was the CV joints

it does sound wheel related, pretty much anything else would make some sort of noise. Its unlikely to be tyre related if it literally just passed its mot.

Was any work done at all for the MOT? Get both front wheels balanced, see if that helps.

No work carried out for the MOT, its definately not related to the wheels.. Had problems before with wheel balancing and its def not that!

I am thinking driveshaft may come loose dislodged somehow no other explanation?

Had car up on the ramps tonight and problem seems to be due to bearings gone in the inner CV boot drivers side. Spoke to Renault who have ordered new part 28.75 + VAT.

Hoping it is going to be any easy job to fit?

Is it easy to split the driveshaft? Does it need removing from both sides in order to split?

Any help appreciated on this, if there is a guide please point me in right direction

Thanks