ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please. I want 17 s on my clio

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, only because Ive had my Clio for just over 5 days now. Ive got a 52 reg Renault Clio Expression Plus 1.2 16v. In January I am putting 17" rims on it (League 065s, I think). Do any of you reckon there is much arch work to be done? Im not bothered about the speed of the car, so if speed and handling is affected afterwards so be it. I just want it looking MINT.

Thank you, N8 KOW

ff 182

Hi you can put 17s straight on with no arch work needed.I think you can get get up to 19s on but then you will need arch work.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

have you got free insurance?

if you have then dont do it

if you havent

lower it 60 mm and get some 17ins they look great

no arch work!!

dunno about handling

Lionel Richie

Handles brilliantly Tom!!! Youll find out on SUNDAY!!!! 17s 60mm+ (im getting coilovers!!!) no archwork

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all of your help. Have any of you got 17"s on your clio?? or do you know of people who have? The wheels I have chosen are BAD. £695 w/tyres not bad.

Worth it.

Oh yeah, I have got one years free insurance, but Im gettin a £300 alarm fitted on Thursday & when the finance is up Im keeping it so its my car. Fcuk insurers.

19"s go straight on with no archwork! R-tec proved this a couple of months back. But if its lowered 18"s are a max without touching the arches. And I wouldnt like to have too many passengers! Theres so much room in the damn arches of these Clios!! I reckon even when I get my 18"s my 40mm drop wont be enough to eliminate evil arch-gappage!

Lionel Richie

Ive got 17s on mine have a look in the "Other Clios Gallery" on page two youll see what 60mm with 17s looks like