ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*HELP* Ph2 172 Not Idling, then cuts out. P0711 TFT Powertrain Fault Code.

My 172 has started idling all over the place to the point that it cuts out.

It will idle for a minute or so between 1000-1200 Rpm then it will drop to 800ish rpm then the revs will plummet to nothing on the rev counter, but the engine keeps hanging on for about 20-30 seconds then cuts out.

This has brought the engine light on.

I have cleaned the TB with Carb cleaner and re-lubed spindle, i then used electrical cleaner to clean MAP sensor, AIT etc that are attached to the inlet plenum.
I have also checked various wiring for rubbing including ECU wiring harness going into ECU and all look good.

One of my mates came round with diagnostic software that he used on his 172 to diagnose faults and it has brought up the following code.

Does this code mean anything to anyone ?

H2OS codes i'm guessing are due to de-cat and lambda sensor :boring:

EngLight-88467Miles_zpsd5d1853b.png

Could my TB, plugs, coil pack or leads be on there way out ?

As they are less than 10k miles old.

Could the transmission code be a bad earth somewhere ?

Last edited:
I have since cleared the codes and ran the car, but yet the idle is all over the place and brought the Transmission code up again.

EngLight288467Miles_zps1f83b7c6.gif

Clio 172 phase 1
could be a dogey crank sensor try removing it and cleaning it .... but either that or map sensor had a saxo with similar probs was the map sensor in the end

could be a dogey crank sensor try removing it and cleaning it .... but either that or map sensor had a saxo with similar probs was the map sensor in the end

Cleaning TDC as we speak, as its the one sensor i forgot to clean.
Cheers

Titanium 182
That's the same software i've got and that fault always comes up on mine. My car runs fine so don't think that's your problem

The lambda sensors are new.

The TDC sensor is clean and it's still doing it.

Bloody car.

i can't find anyone with CLIP neither bar the main dealer to confirm if the transmission code is a generic fault as Paul mentioned :-(