ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed please

D

dn86

I own a ph1 172 and driving home after work the engine management light came on. Car was still running ok so left it for a few days and then i started to suffer a few problems. Would only rev up to 3500k splutter and become hesitant then couple of seconds at the same throttle it would pick up as if a turbo had kicked in! Got the car home safe and now when i start it the engine idles fine and will rev freely but if i go for a drive 50 yards down the road it loses power early on in the revs and feels like the car is running on 3 cylinders. Idles under 1k and after a few seconds at idle picks up again. But when i go to pull away the same thing happens again.
Ive changed the spark plugs but no change. Do i change ht leads and coil pack or just get it plugged into a diagnostics machine. Any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou