ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed from fellow members!

Renault Clio 172
i have had a few problems over the last few months where my car would not start, it would turn over but not fire after a few attempts it would start.

on wednesday it made a beeping noise when i unlocked it and then wouldnt start, i have not been able to get it started since, when i try and start it its just clicks and the revs needles go funny, and occaisonally the alarms make beeping noises when locking it.

i have ordered a new battery tcd sensor and new loom, which i am picking up tomorrow.

just wondered if anyone had any idea's what could be cauing the problem.

also the red light next to the gear stick and red light on dash are flashing when locked, cant remeber if this is normal.

any help would be really appreciated

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
flashing red lights are normal

is the red light in the centre of the dash turning off when the key is at the second position?

Renault Clio 172
flashing red lights are normal

is the red light in the centre of the dash turning off when the key is at the second position?

yeah its turns off, when i first started getting problems it would nt start if i turned it to quick, then i realised that if i waited for it to go out it would start fine

now it go's out but doesnt start at all

sorry, i dont have a clue, mechanic just called it the crank sensor, im sure somebody will confirm this soon though

CB600FS
30 Minutes if you haven't done it before. Dead easy, you'll need either a 10mm on a ratchet or a 10mm spanner does the trick.

Edit - If your getting the OE Renault parts you'll need a lighter and some wire strippers aswell.

Renault Clio 172
30 Minutes if you haven't done it before. Dead easy, you'll need either a 10mm on a ratchet or a 10mm spanner does the trick.

Edit - If your getting the OE Renault parts you'll need a lighter and some wire strippers aswell.

was hoping that loom was going to be a plug either end, how does connect

CB600FS
Solder sleeves or whatever they are called. Slide it over one end, tie the 2 wires together, slide the sleeve up, heat it up, heatshrinks the whole lot (makes it watertight) and the solder built into it in the middle melts, dada. Dead easy.

Renault Clio 172
Solder sleeves or whatever they are called. Slide it over one end, tie the 2 wires together, slide the sleeve up, heat it up, heatshrinks the whole lot (makes it watertight) and the solder built into it in the middle melts, dada. Dead easy.

cool, thanks for the help buddy