ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help, need a new jack.

1.4 phase 1
can any one recommend a good jack i can buy, will be used pretty often as its needed for the track car that i will soon be building, been looking at the clarke jack in machine mart which is their number one best seller but just wanted to know if you lot have any suggestions for a good jack which wont brake the bank.

cheers
jdh

Costco... £70

DSC00556.jpg

1.4 phase 1
Nice one foxy, i would've asked on 16valver as it is for the mk1 track car me and a mate are going to be building but my college computer is being gay and wont let me on there.

Lotus Exige, 182
^ no, they're made of cheese. Jack the car on the chassis rail near the front wheel, it will lift the rear off at the same time.

The search button will get you to a thread with pictures showing. exactly where

Nothing at the mo :(
^ no, they're made of cheese. Jack the car on the chassis rail near the front wheel, it will lift the rear off at the same time.

The search button will get you to a thread with pictures showing. exactly where

Any chance you could find it for me :D cause my jacking points have bent now cause of the cheese idea lol.. so need somewhere else to jack it up

330i. E30 Touring.
Look further towards the middle of the car, there's a rail about 2" wide that runs down either side. Use the jack on that. I always use a block of wood or a rag to take the harshness of the jack's 'teeth'.

1.4 phase 1
thing is i cant get this jack becuase im not a member of costco lol, is it actually worht me siging up for it lol.

1.4 phase 1
bump, any other suggestions as i dont really know if i can be bothered to sign up for costco just to get a jack lol

DCi 100
Definatly one for the costco one ^ Although the wheels on mine didn't stay black for more than 10 minutes.

Try lend a card from a friend family etc.

Fiesta ST3
just popped in my local costco (trafford centre) and they have a pallet load of these now, £76 inc vat, cant go wrong so grabbed one.

blooody heavy though

if any CS members want one, im happy to meet them there so they can use my card. just give me a shout