ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! My Car is dead :(

Mondeo TDCI 130
In theory it shouldnt matter if the Plip bit doesnt work, the code is stored in a chip, so even if it wont unlock it should de-activate the renault immobiliser, if it has an aftermarket alarm the plot thickens though really!!

Mondeo TDCI 130
So you turn the ignition on, and the round red light stays illuminated constantly? even after 10-15 seconds?

Mondeo TDCI 130
Its hard to tell really!! You really cant diagnose over the internet!! To be honest if you end up having to take it you may be just aswell taking it straigh to renault for immobiliser fault, Just make sure you say to them it wont start, how much is a basic diagnostic check? ( should be 1 hours labour), and tell then not to do anything else until they have spoken to you! Ollie will sort it out, you can borrow the BMW for a few days!:cool:

Family Bus
Oh god. Wheres that bottle of wine? Christ. Buggered then basically.
Thanks for your advice! Helpful if depressing lol.

Mondeo TDCI 130
If you didnt live a trillion miles away, we may have been able to help! :dapprove:
www.birchdown.com
Never mind hey, just keep telling yourself much worse things could have happened than the car broke down!!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Sure you will get it sorted, update me on what the findings are, and sort ollie ot ffs, he's getting the youngsters wound up in general chat!

Edit : talk of the devil!!!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Shame your not in beetween here and cambridge, were trailering my car there next weekend, could have popped in en route and had a shifty!

Sure you will get it sorted, update me on what the findings are, and sort ollie ot ffs, he's getting the youngsters wound up in general chat!

Edit : talk of the devil!!!

pmsl, I will sort it, but not home until Wednesday so there's nothing I can do until then. Would happily give her the CSL until it's sorted, but she's not being added to my policy until the 20th when I get the new car :/

Shame your not in beetween here and cambridge, were trailering my car there next weekend, could have popped in en route and had a shifty!

Be reet matey, I'll get there Wednesday afternoon and have a look. If no joy I'll just nip it into Renault.

Mercedes C Class Sport
They will probably fit it at halfords for her, have you seen the adverts on Dave, that seems to suggest they do fitting.
That adverts on Dave are comedy, they make out like customer service is a bonus and not what the norm should be

Apparently it's the Renault immobilizer, not the Sigma. Guy says got to take the log book into Renault and pay £8 for a code, then £65 to get it re-coded.

Any 'cheap' way of sorting it?

Lionel Richie
yeah, bypass the imboiliser, but i won't post publically how to do it

best to pm 16vjon, he'll tell you how ;) (he's from a dodgy part of manchester ;))

Family Bus
Any more ideas?? Or further instructions on the above???? PM me or Ollie if anyone knows!!! Getting seriously FED up of having a dead car sat outside :(
thanks for all the advice so far though! :)

Clio 172
Evening all,

Chris here from Australia.

I arrived here by googling what I thought was wrong with my 172 and found that it was showing all the symptoms (heh) that the OP has detailed.

I figured that I too was in for a diagnostics job... but thought I would give it one last (this would be the thrid) go on the jumper cables as a last roll of the dice.

I hooked up the jumpers and let it sit on the battery charging for about a minute. Then, to my astonishment, the thing kicked over.

Off to get a new battery today! That probably wont help the OP but it might help someone else reading this thread and dispairing. Never give up on a jump.

Cheers

CB

Impreza WRX
Before you try replacing the battery - check the wire from ther altonator is connected properly. I had a problem with my battery, and flattened it for fun - turns out it was the connector for the altonator.........

Family Bus
LMAO!
Vroooooooooooooooom
I'm back :D:D:D:D

Had a auto electric guy out today, after having been to reno and being robbed of 10 quid for a new immobilser code:(
He recoded it for me, which had no effect whatsover (cue much swearing and foot stamping from me)
turns out it was a blown fuse somewhere in the fuse box (obviously) and also the ignition relays were pitted and dying, so he replaced the fuse, cleaned and sanded (??) the relays and...VROOOOM!! Wahoooo!
all in all due to time off work, buying a new battery, and paying the electrics guy this tiny problem has cost me 300 quid :(
tut
but :D

:)
Photo-0106.gif

Family Bus
TUT! Humph! Wasnt me! ACutally! Was some typical BMW (csl) driver! THANKS!

pffffffffffffffffffft