ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help...My alarm keeps going off!

Clio 182
Hi all,

First of all i'm sorry for another alarm thread but this is doing my head in now!

The other night I got woken up by my alarm so I switched it off and went back to sleep, 5 minutes later and it goes off again! This carried on so I had to leave my car unlocked in the end!

Everything has been fine up until this morning when it starts going off again. It was going off roughly every 5 minutes for absolutely no reason!

I got in the car to check the LED and got nothing, it wasn't blinking at all! This is obviously no help as I don't even know where to start looking.

I replaced the bonnet sensor a couple of months ago as it was knackered and kept going off when it rained so I don't think it could be that.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? I haven't got a clue where to start looking as there are no blinks from the LED!

Cheers for your help.

Clio 182
Just been to check and yes I get the light on the dash and the LED near the gear stick flashing.

When I armed it just then it went off after about seconds!

What I did get though is 4 beeps when switching it off but still no flashes from the LED.

Iceberg Ph1
Could you try sitting in your car switching the ignition key to the on position then off then on then off again, do this pretty quick, I think it needs to be done within 10 seconds (but it should only take you a few seconds) and make sure the doors are closed. Jump out and lock the car and it should beep 3 - 4 times I believe, this will deactivate the ultrasonic sensors inside the car, mine use to play up!

Clio 182
Just done this and it hasn't gone off up to now! I think it must be something internal but I don't know how to stop it.

Any ideas?

Clio 182
Just done this and it hasn't gone off up to now! I think it must be something internal but I don't know how to stop it.

Any ideas?

Iceberg Ph1
Just pinched this from a thread I found a year or so back..

Problems with the alarms

The interior sensors are very sensitive it depend how the sensors on the door pillars are connected. There are two wires to each one and if there connected one way round the sensitivity is 80% if you swap the wires round it’s reduced to 20%. Many alarms are fitted so that the interior sensors are very sensitive so the fix done under warranty is to swap these wires round. If your cars out of warranty its probably already been done as the interior sensors are to sensitive to last 3yrs without any problems.

I use to get this problems and I solved it by doing this.. but I also remember it was happening during really hot days, like it has been recently, perhaps it might be the reason for yours, seeing as now you have disarmed the sensors and it seems to have sorted, without going to the extremes of removing and rewiring, try to reposition your sensors inside the car, also make sure the heater vents are not pointing upwards and turn the vent for the window screen off

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Look in your alarm manual in your service book wallet thing. Number of beeps relates to door / window sensor / bonnet or boot etc.

Find out which one 4 beeps relates to and then you can start to solve the issue.

My old Ph1 would sometimes decide the door was open and go mental, then the next day it would be content that it was re-attached.

French electrics .. one of the 7 wonders of the world IIRC...

Clio 182
Right, i'll go and have a look at this. Do you know where the wires are located? I've heard they're under the cup holders.
I'll try swapping them now and see what happens. Do I just swap them so there red to white instead of red to red etc?

Clio 182
Look in your alarm manual in your service book wallet thing. Number of beeps relates to door / window sensor / bonnet or boot etc.

Find out which one 4 beeps relates to and then you can start to solve the issue.

My old Ph1 would sometimes decide the door was open and go mental, then the next day it would be content that it was re-attached.

French electrics .. one of the 7 wonders of the world IIRC...

I had a look at this but the manual only refers to how many blinks you get from the LED and not beeps. I'm not getting any blinks at all from the LED.

Iceberg Ph1
I pulled the pillers off the inside cut swapped and re-solderer the wires, I'm not actually sure where they run to tbh..

Thats why i suggested doing the above steps first to see if that will solve the issue before you start cutting wires etc..

Clio 182
Just had a look under the cup holder and it's not there. Seems to go behind the glovebox which can't be removed!

I've pointed the sensors up towards the roof for now. I'll see if that helps.

Iceberg Ph1
You don't happen to have some wild animal living in your car setting off the alarm :rasp:

Hopefully it sorts out the issue, at least it might be one step closer to solving the issue! Good luck

Clio 182
I wish it was as simple as that!!

Hopefully it'll sort it, it's not gone off again yet anyway!

The only other thing I can do is remove the top of the dash and have a look at the alarm box.

I can't seem to find a guide for the alarm fix though so I don't know which way round the wires should be!

Clio 182
Thanks for that. I looked at the diagrams and found the connectors for the internal sensors.

I have swapped them over so now they go red to white and white to red. I'll see how that goes!