ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me, track day in two days. Steering light and then heavy.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Finally finished my cup today although when I drove it there was an extremely odd sensation from the steering. Whether the EPAS is on or not the steering feels loose for about 20 degress (each way) of steering wheel movement and as soon as you get past this point it becomes much harder and has the correct amount of resistance. Problem is that when driving normally you don't turn the wheel enough to get to this normal amount of resistance and it makes the car feel very twitchy when accelerating out of a corner hard. It would be very easy to flick the wheel and go totally the wrong way.

The rack is looped in the way everyone else does it.

The only different thing is that I extended the control knob wiring for the epas but don't see how this could effect it.

I've got a track day on Tuesday and need to get it sorted before then so ideas please please please.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
@Mike@Rentech @NorthloopCup cheers guys. I'll get the loop off later and try it. That would make sense as I had to move the car around without the loops of bung in as I was waiting on parts.

How much fluid needs to be in there as I drained quite a bit out of it :S