ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me identify my exhaust, with no pics! (well, kinda pics)

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I have purchased a second hand exhaust today. I don't know what make it is, and would like some help narrowing it down. (my standard system was mostly rust)

Right, to look at its very similar to the scorpion exhaust, however, the middle silencer is not the same as the one on the scorpion one. Its almost a straight through pipe with a very small silencer (almost looks more like an expansion chamber) attached an amazing drawing to show what I mean.
It looks like approximately a 3 inch tail pipe which sits under the rear bumper just like the scorpion.
Its stainless, looks to be about 2.5 inch all the way though.
May sound daft, but there cant be that many companies that made the below bumper type rear silencer.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• MSPAINTSkills.jpg
    MSPAINTSkills.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 163

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
LOL.

You've posted a paint drawing of 99% of the Clio 172 exhausts. Centre silencer and backbox.

No, should really have explained that. That is the center silencer, mine on top, scorpion bottom.

For a bit more back story, my car went in for some bits and bobs. I have our version of the MOT on the 21st of jan. My old exhaust is rusty. He had this exhaust knocking around. He don't know what it is, neither do I. It was cheap, looks to be decent quality and wondered if perhaps with a ropey description people may be able to help me work out what it is.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Genuinely confused how you thought anyone could help from that 😧

To be fair, if you read the first post I clearly state its almost exactly the same as the scorpion system except for the center box, which I tried to show the difference of with my not so terrific drawing.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe its a custom center section as the standard old scorpion one was prone to cracking due to the poor design. Certainly a possibility seeing as yours is second hand.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
The front silencer looks like this part circled. The back box is almost exactly the same as the scorpion. All stainless, approx 2.5 inch all the way through.

Attachments

• ClioIIPH217201-04CatBackExhaustSystem_zps6c67923f.jpg
    ClioIIPH217201-04CatBackExhaustSystem_zps6c67923f.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 115

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Could well be a custom jobbie done by a.n.other without any form of identity on it. (Not taking the piss...I'm being serious). Each custom exhaust maker has their own ways/machines to bend pipes, etc. Mine is a Pro-speed one...but all I have to show for it is the paperwork, so to the uninformed, it could be anything...