ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help me decide - keep my RS192 or get a custom AAS

GW200 FF
Dilemma time folks, grab a beer. I have an RS192 cat back exhaust that i've been reasonably happy with, apart from 2 things - i wish it was a wee bit louder and ive had an insanely annoying whistle from it since i fitted it.

I've had the car in at a couple of garages and they have temporarily solved the issue (including fitting a second centre section that Scorpion sent me, which will be up for sale soon ;)) but the whistle always came back. I think the issue may be a cracked cat flange but i haven't been able to get a good look at the cat on a ramp.

Anyway, i have an opportunity to be in the Newcastle area in early dec and was planning to take my car into AAS to either get the damn cat flange clamped up or modded so its not that ridiculous flanged design. Of course, the next logical step is to get a full custom AAS exhuast organised and sell the RS192 (its only done about 4k miles since it was fitted so i think i could get £250 back for it. i'll happily take offers just now too...)

Money isn't really an issue as i'll be getting some cash in the new year, but i'm swithering on a couple of points

1. build lead time for AAS - i might have to return to the NE in mid january, but i dont think thats enough lead time for the boys. I'm based in central Scotland so its not a huge drive, but it would be expensive enough to make a one-off journey be a tank of fuel my comany aint paying for :)

2. i know they can make a custom exhaust and i guess they can tailor the sound, but how custom can they make it? i guess the engine noise is just 4x big bangs coming from the cylinders ultimately... I dont want anything that will draw me evil looks from the neighbours and i do like the nice deep burble from the RS192, i'd just like it to sound a bit meatier i guess.

I'm not really interested in a decat btw as it would be a PITA switching it over for MOT's etc.

talk to me sportsfans, show me the way!

PS. I have spoken to AAS briefly and will probably ring them again tomorrow, based on any feedback i get.

Cheers

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
to be honest mate i was in AAS at the begining of last month and was told i would have to wait 3-4 months and would cost me around £500. but they said they have developed the way of making them 'better than other designs'. i am sure AAS can make make the exhaust sound or look anyway you want by the looks of the cars they had in.

hope this little bit of info helps

GW200 FF
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. Jack, something like that is what I had in mind i.e. a proper flanged design instead of the useless design as is.

I'll give AAS a phone in the next few days and see what their lead times are. I think tbh i'll just get the scorpion cat / silencer modded when i'm down in December, although I may change my mind at the time...

Dazza I'll keep you in mind too, with all this extra time you can save up to afford to extra 50 to buy it off me ;)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate ive got a custom AAS, had it madr up and fitted in may this year.they are quality people and can get it yo look and sound however you want
£500 is a great price imo, its custom made and fit and they are allways ther if you have any problems/questions etc...
c99b2a60.jpg

ad7495b6.jpg

d8e489ef.jpg

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate, thers a vid somewer on youtube, search austin-182 clio aas something like that lol
Its not a loud system as i said i didnt want it to be, aas do all 182's with just the one back box
Its cat back and has centre box aswell just after the cat
Cant remem size but i thi k its 2 3/4 pipe.Stuey the main man ther said they open them up more than standard for better performance