ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Intermitant misfire in the wet

J@Y

Clio 182 and CBR 600
Hi,

I have a problem with my Mrs 1.2 16v. When it really chucks it down with rain, I starts to miss. Sat in traffic, the idle falls to almost stalling point. The whole car shakes and sometimes cuts out.

Under acceleration, it will jump and lurch like it's cutting in and out. When you put your foot down, very little happens then suddenly it will take off.

Its really worrying her. Has anybody heard of this before? I'm sure there must be a sensor getting water in somewhere, or maybe the coil is getting wet?

Any ideas?? Thanks!

J@Y

Clio 182 and CBR 600
Thanks. I don't have access to diagnostics. Is there no common fault that anyone knows of that brings these sort of symptoms?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Check the black metal box behind the head above the exhaust manifold. Rubs throught the wires eventually!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Check the coil pack is ok and also look at the plug leads. they might be tracking in the wet if the insulation is getting thin.

Renault clip mk3
Hi I have the same problem now with my partners mk3 1.2. Did you ever resolve this issue at all? Many thanks Dan