ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP insurence issues

1.2 16v expression GOLD
Hello all my fellow Clio owners :approve:

Ill try and cut this story down as short as possible,
basically last week on new years eve, i did own a 1.2 16v expression 03 reg straw yellow Clio, was such a nice car, I only had 3rd party though big mistake, i was meaning to upgrade as soon as i had enough cash, but then on new years eve some idiot smashed straight into the side of me and wrote my car off badly i posted some pictures up a few days ago its pretty bad, so now ive got to buy a new car! and get new insurance,

my insurance company blamed the whole crash on me, GRRRR but anyways, now to make matters even worse i have a claim against my name im 17, and have a speed conviction :eek: get worse and worse doesn’t it.

so now I am looking to buy a new Clio, 6th one down, YELLOW ( for the people who cant be bothered counting lol ) :rasp:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?page=3&searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=RENAULT&min_pr=75&source=0&model=CLIO&max_pr=&agerange=&mileage=&miles=40&postcode=bs29lw

Direct line are quoting me 3607 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ( fully comp ) learned my lesson about that now

so I am asking the people of Clio sport TO TELL ME SOME CHEAP INSURENCE COMAPNYS PLEASEEEEEEEE many thanks :star: cheers guys xx lol :D

Ph1 172 & others
Gutted mate. I had an brutal accident a week after i passed my test which was completely my own fault although no-one else was involved.

I was driving a Citroen Xsara VTS which at the time cost £2400 to insure. After i crashed that i got my 1.2 clio which set me back £900 insurance. I went with the AA and they got me the best deal.

In that year i did Pass Plus and IAM and my insurance dropped to £500.

Check out the AA or even Elephant.

1.2 16v expression GOLD
cheers guys, 900 quid m8, thats cheap, by ur self?
checking aa and elephant out now ill tell u the results lol good or bad

audi s2,subaru b4, 306 td
hiya been through all this recently and found that admiral/kwik-fit have been quite good.But try confused.com and then go to the broker and try and get some more discount!Started off with a quote for £4200 for my b4 with my old broker, after a bit of hunting around i got this down to £1300 with admiral bargain!

Racing Blue 182
Hi Mate,

Dont cancel you insurance on then car you crashed. as you have paid a full year premium (or your paying on installment), you will be able to change the exsisting policy to your new vehicle, meaning all you pay is admin charge on top of your exsisting cost. Therefore by doing this, you claim does not need to be noted on your policy until renewal.

Ring them up now and get a quote to change

hi mate

where abouts do you live?? some of the autotrader searches are not too far away form me!

as regards to the insurance, i think you will find it a bit of a struggle. I have recently bought a new car (02 1.2 dynamique) and i am also 17, and i couldnt find anything cheaper than £1900, and that was with quinn driect. In the end i had to go on my dads policy with direct line (so i still get ncb) and that was roughly £995!good luck