ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! Immobiliser problem

Hi

I have a 2001 Y clio dynamique, when im driving the immobiliser light will come on and then I stop the car it will no longer start. Ive taken it to renault, theyve had it for three days and given it back saying there is nothing wrong with. This is a frequent problem, and has happened 4 times in the last 2 days.

If i disconnect the battery and then reconnect it, it will start no problem.

Does anyone have any ideas, im desperate!

Thanks

LY 200

I know its a bit different as different equipment is used to rectify the mk2 to the mk1 but mine f**ked up totally on boxin day and the only people able to sort it were Renault themselves at a huge price for what they did imo!!!

Have you had the car from new??

If so id take it to them and demand its put right because they still have some kind of liability to give good service specally as youve had it at Renault a few times now and i take it you have paid for the service like i did!!

No thats the annoying thing, ive only recently bought it, but it was private. Renault didnt charge but that was only fair really as they didnt find the problem. They said that I might need the keys reprogrammed as there not deactivating the immobiliser, but I think that would be a waste of money as neither key works and its unlikely that both keys have gone.

I read somewhere that it can be due to water leaking through the sunroof into the remote locking sensor, anyone heard of that?

Anyone got any other ideas or had the same problem?

Thanks

How much are we talking for those? I heard ECU is mega bucks? I know what that is but what are the other 2? Also someone said that they could wipe the ECU and that might sort it, is that right?

I also get the light cuming on 2 down from the immobiliser, something to do with electrics, then the car seems to restrict my acceleration, is that linked?