ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help?? how to get airbag light of clio with new seats

Renault Clio
hi guys, i have recently bought a 1.2 renault clio and decided to buy some clio sport 182 seats and as i have cut the wires under the seat ovbviously the service and airbag light has come on but the new seat has connecter but the old seats was just straight wires just wondered any help on where to wire back together to get the service and airbag light of as my mot is due soon.

heres some images:
http://s30.postimg.org/5luy2i63l/11072080_10203820475732402_1679972843_n.jpg
http://s30.postimg.org/im6oyxso1/11082695_10203820474972383_1015349254_n.jpg
http://s30.postimg.org/iap8m6c81/11073986_10203820476052410_1167851950_n.jpg
http://s30.postimg.org/l62bt1g81/11072714_10203820476212414_1839501920_n.jpg

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Firstly those are 172 seats. 182 have all white renault sport stitching and white dot pattern on the alacantra. Also the airbag wiring looks completely different. I think you may have 172 seats from a phase 1 sport. I think you need an adapting loom for that. (I'm guessing your 1.2 is a phase 2)

Renault Clio
Firstly those are 172 seats. 182 have all white renault sport stitching and white dot pattern on the alacantra. Also the airbag wiring looks completely different. I think you may have 172 seats from a phase 1 sport. I think you need an adapting loom for that. (I'm guessing your 1.2 is a phase 2)
Hi mate thanks for the reply,
Yeah my Clio is 2002 1.2, you have any idea where to get a adapting loom from as I need to get the airbag light off for the mot or do you know what wire goes to what adapter?

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Not too sure but the best bet is a renault dealer. ebay had some cheap dodgey options but I'd go spend £20 extra for peace of mind.

If my memory serves well, the pretensioner in my 182 seats is only held in by a few torx screws. You could just replace the whole airbag & tensioner system for a 1.2 set up.

Renault Clio
Not too sure but the best bet is a renault dealer. ebay had some cheap dodgey options but I'd go spend £20 extra for peace of mind.

If my memory serves well, the pretensioner in my 182 seats is only held in by a few torx screws. You could just replace the whole airbag & tensioner system for a 1.2 set up.
thanks alot mate ill have a look in my old seats see if i can just wire the airbag to the wires just to get the light of for the MOT.

If worse comes to worse ill just replace my old seats in and wire bag together just so i can get my MOT passed thanks for the help.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
cheers mate, so i just need to ask for a renault clip
where are you based?
Don't bother getting a connecting loom. Just get some bog standard connectors and wire up the seats yourself. Superseal connectors will do.

Renault Clio
where are you based?
Don't bother getting a connecting loom. Just get some bog standard connectors and wire up the seats yourself. Superseal connectors will do.
im based in conisbrough which is near Doncaster but what wire connects to what lol?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
you can trace them easily from your old seats and the new ones. The grey wires are earth if i remember correctly.

Renault Clio
you can trace them easily from your old seats and the new ones. The grey wires are earth if i remember correctly.
the new seats are connecters which are completly different colours do the old seats as they was just straight through wires no connectors

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
So you need to trace the wires in your car and match them up to your old seats (how it used to be wired up with no lights showing)

there should be 2 for pretensioner, 4 for side airbag and a ground or two. Once you've matched those up you can trace them on the new seats and fit them all in a connector block.