ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!! ENTIRE lighting and wipers intermittently turning on an off at random :(

1.2 16V Dynamique
Hey guys and girls,

I'm really needing some advice with this problem...

When I've been using either my windscreen wipers, headlights, or both at the same time, I experience a complete failure of the systems. This includes;

- No dashboard lighting,
- No windscreen wipers, front and rear,
- No Headlights, Sidelights, Fog lights,
- No indicators or Hazard light.

I hear the click from the glovebox area when it happens, as you would with automated wipers or lights. I hear the same click when they turn back on, but the time they are off and the frequency they turn off differs each time.

If anyone could advise me on where to look, or even where to take it down to I'd be extremely grateful (based in Raylgih, Essex)

Cheers in advance :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is imagine your uch is fucked.

Look under the glovebox, there will be some plugs. With the ignition off, remove and refit the plugs several times, sometimes they get corrosion on the connections.

Sadly though, I think the uch is battered. £250 ish quid from Renault Wolverhampton and £50-100 to get it coded by Renault or someone with clip.

Hope that helps.

1.2 16V Dynamique
I take it that it wouldn't be advisable to pick one up from a breakers to then get coded?

*EDIT* I've just seen a few posts on here explaining the UCH cannot be wiped or the memory reset :(

I'll give the connectors a little tickle and see how it goes :D

Last edited:
  1.2 16V Dynamique
Soo... after having it checked out and my UCB checked, as well as the wiring running from it, the problem was apparently the crank sensor loom. That has been replaced, but a week later I'm getting the same problem... I'm guessing back to the garage to complain? :p