ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help !!!!!!CLEANING WHEELS

Icy berg 172 & 172 Cup

How do i get the black pitted brake dust out of the corner of the spokes on my turinis ? i have tried wonder wheels but no luck pls help its drivin me mad !!!!

Only way! Wonder Wheels is the best thing to use. spray it on and leave it for about 5 minutes, then use hot soapy water. Ive been told that JIF works but ive never bothered to try it!.

Ziel Nurburgring

Really take your time with WW. 99% of the crap will come off, but youll never get them looking brand new

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by SOOTY on 11 April 2005

Only way! Wonder Wheels is the best thing to use. spray it on and leave it for about 5 minutes, then use hot soapy water. Ive been told that JIF works but ive never bothered to try it!.
Dont use Jif!! Its too abrasive and will scratch the surface od the wheels and look awfull. Ive learned from experience.

Banana

Turinis are a nightmare to keep clean:(

Use some white spirit as said above, or some WD40!!.

after that give them a good wash, dry, and polish them with wheel seal. this will put a barrier on the wheel to stop brake dust adhering to the wheel. regular soap washes should keep them clean after that.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I used tcut on a small area of mine and they came up brand new! WEouldnt recomend this as i should imagin on some wheels it will just eat them away! lol

Nippy white cup

Mine are fcuked...one of the kurbed areas has started to bubble and the brake dust is really backed on:oops:. Had a go yesterday with the scrubber and is helped but I didnt have the time (or the patience) to do it all. They are getting refurbed at some point(when I can afford it!) and they will be cleaned regularly...you live and learn I guess!

Chris

Quote: Originally posted by rcp on 11 April 2005
Quote: Originally posted by JJ172 on 11 April 2005Almost as much fun as cleaning the wheels on the Vee![/QUOTE]lol, all those spokes...it must take forever!

It does!!

S2000

Only thing that gets ours clean is Autoglym. For the last few washes I thought wed run out and nothing else we had got them clean, other wheel cleaner, engine cleaner, bug and tar remover, washing up liquid. Yesterday I found a bit we had left in the garage and they are now perfectly clean with minimal effort.