ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help, bought a mk1 valver clio with 172 engine.

mk1 clio hybrid
Hi I've recently bought a 1.8 Rsi clio with full phase 1 172 running gear. The conversion looks to have been done well but on further inspection (pulling on top of dash and finding out no securing screws had been fitted resulting in it falling off in my hands) Ive noticed the wiring is far from upto standard. The previous owner has fitted the 172 clocks into the dash, splicing or butchering may be a better word, the wires Into the multi plug for the 172 unit. The temp gauge has a mind of its own but from reading previous problems related with temperature gauges on these conversions I didnt know if they had the original clocks or been fitted with the 172 unit. The previous ape has fitted an additional aftermarket digital temperature gauge but this also randomly reads wrong.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm thoroughly disheartened as I was told the car was good.

mk1 clio hybrid
Thankyou, basically is it possible to get a diagram on how to locate the temperature sensor wires from all the other wires t

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Search on here for f0xy, he did a full wiring diagram for your very conversion.

I'm on my phone otherwise I'd have linked it for you.

mk1 clio hybrid
Hi jord I dont want to be of bother I've just heard that you have done one of these installs of a 172 phase 1 engine plus dash clocks into a valver. I hear you've got a diagram of which wires from the car join to the relevent wires on the multi plug that fits into the 172 clocks. Sorry if I've misheard anything like I said above this car was advertised to me as sorted but I've found oit the hard way!

If you have any info on this conversion I'm all ears and would be so grateful for any knowledge and advice. The cars speedo, rev counter and fuel gauge seem to work but the temperature gauge fluctuates a lot. Also there's alot of loose cut wires now left behind the clocks I assume these were put to use on the original clocks. Do you know if its mucj work to get the 3 other dials on the dash (oil temp, pressure) to work with the 172 engine.

Again sorry for all the questions I just need help