ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP ... Apex -40mm springs

Im thinking to buy a set of springs (apex -40mm) to lower my 172 ...

will my 172 drop by really 40mm or less .. eg.30mm, 25mm ...??

HELP ........... :)

7.6cc :D

I have them, they are sh*t.

But! they make the car look great, mine seems a bit lower than 40mm at times.

Ive got em too - wouldnt go as far as saying theyre sh*t, but they certainly dont give the best ride quality, lol! Im considering a change to Eibach Sportlines, but still aint convinced that theyd give a similar drop.

But the Apex -40s certainly lower a 172 by the full 40mm - looks the business.

Ride is firm but they will give the best drop on just springs. PIs go lower but are shocking quality. If you want the best in terms of ride quality eibachs are the way to go but wont drop as low. If you want low with good ride quality handling and looks then get H&R coilovers.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

if you cant afford the coilovers but want the springs try to go for the apex sports kit (springs and dampers), they make the ride better than just springs.

ive got the 60mm kit and its fine on my car, firmer ride but youd expect that, looks good.

[Edited by the_ferret on 04 September 2005 at 8:09pm]

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

You cant get the 60mm Apex kit for the 172. I tried and was told it wouldnt fit even though MSW said it should be ok.