ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help anyone - clio fuel economy!

just over 300 miles on 10.4 gallons in my 1.2 dynamique!!! wasnt even driving like an idiot either. been like that since the fuel injection was reset/reprogrammed a couple of weeks ago. did over 400 easily before that. what mpg is everyone else gettin? more importantly what could be the problem as it was back on a Clip 2 days ago and i was informed the injection was set up fine?! doing my head in (and costing me a lot!)

dont spose jay or mike could be any help here please guys?! pretty please?!

made me feel even worse now Jon!! my screen says 36-ish, but i worked it out myself to be 29.7mpg for the tank. reset it at 70 on the motorway and it flashed up as 63mpg, but then i still only got 310-odd to the whole tank!

i was thinking of changing the air filter phil to see if it made a difference, but then again the mpg was fine until the fuel injection was played with at the dealers.

any more ideas anyone? cheers

Liam

E36 323i coupe

Get an Ecotek and dont listen to people who tell you they dont work. Its bullsh*t. They are great!

erm i dunno about miles per gallon but I get about 300-350 to a full tank which is about £30 in my RT? I thought that was pretty good?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

my girlfriends 1.2 dynamique gets an average of about 45mpg.i think when i drive it i lower the average a bit,heavy right foot.

Volvo S60 D5

I get 450 mile range on the tank*, and thats the same model car as yours but with the 1.4 16V rather than 1.2. Evidently something is wrong with yours or you have a heavyish right foot!!! Most of the time the computer averages 42-44mpg

* And thats doing a mix of motorway, and short journeys with the occasional blast. If I fill up and then go and cruise at 60-70 on the M-Way my range tops 500 miles according to the computer. Im well pleased with that!

Clio1400

Volvo S60 D5

Quote: Originally posted by Jon1978 on 05 February 2004

Get an Ecotek and dont listen to people who tell you they dont work. Its bullsh*t. They are great!
Jon,

Only ever heard bad things about the Ecotek. What are they/what do they do? (Apart from apparently save fuel - I mean, how does it work?) What are your personal experiences with one .....

Clio1400

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 05 February 2004

my girlfriends 1.2 dynamique gets an average of about 45mpg.i think when i drive it i lower the average a bit,heavy right foot.
Same as me!! My birds Dynamique gets about 45mpg on average ( she never resets it either - dont think she knows how to, bless). Its usually a few points lower by the time Ive finished with it though!!

Mazda MX5 1.8

on a run my 1.6 will do about 50mpg but thats being real light on the right foot............. normal running it will do about 30-35 odd around town n all

i have had 52.9 out of the 172

motorway usually 36-38

mixed 32-34 hammering it 22-24

strip about 7-10

just pootling about in the country 40 ish

easy alot of the time to get 400+ from a tank

Although people moan about the accuracy of the fuel computer its very accurate. After about 15k it was reading about 1/2% over the real MPG. You need to do more fillups and keep a note of them before having a go at its acccuracy.

Its very accurate and you can prove this quite easyly put it in test mode and see what its got left in the tank if the com puter was inaccurate then this value would be stupidly low.

Id take the car back tto the dealers and ask for a reload of the software again or if you dont trust them get another garage to do it.

How you 1.2 drivers get 45mpg is beyond me I get about 52 in my dci on long runs to work.

Your fuel economy could just be down to a heavy foot try using 1/2 throttle all the time. Getting 30mpg is quite good IMO out of a 1.2 I get about 17 with the courtesy cars and 30 when looking after them.

EDD

until the software was reset it was doing over 400 on a tank easy, now you can just watch the gauge dropping though as youre driving along! i cant decide whether to persist with this dealer or go elsewhere as when it was in for the starter problem the other day they reckoned they checked the fuel injection on the computer and that it was fine. - obviously isnt if I cant get over 30 mpg tho! i thought that if i went elsewhere now they might start asking why I didnt get the first dealer to do it etc and wont want to get involved OR might start trying to blame the k-tec exhaust) which im certain in irrelevant - seemed to improve the mpg slightly somehow if anything! :confused:

So does anyone know of any sensors or other parts that could be faulty and causing this high concumption, or is it more than likely the software? One thing that is still winding me up is that it still hunts up and down a 150 rpm or so when it is cold, dunno is that linked??

cheers. Liam