ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help and advise building a turbo clio

hi people,
have own a clio sport for 4-5 years and have always admired people that have supercharged, turbo'd or ITB'd there cars.
im looking at turbo charging my LY and from the offset it seems it going to cost around £4000 but am looking for any advise/help

atm i'm running 190+ BHP, thats with cat cams 438's + common mods and only looking at wanting to run 230+ bhp.

first would be great to understand:
1. everything needed for the turbo conversion
2. brake upgrade?
3. gearbox oem ok?
4. other mods like engine mount upgrade ect

thanks

PH1 loads of boost!
Are you going to do the work yourself? If you're just spending £4k on parts then you can do a lot better than 230hp, realistically you could have 300hp with a forged engine.

For cheap parts give us a shout at ClioTurbo.

Theres lots of brake upgrades out there. As for gearbox, you can upgrade to an 02M but that'll probably wipe out at least half of your bugdet.

Well i was thinking about doing myself to keep the cost down.
thanks for the post, good to know as finding all the places to get parts and etc...
as kits go i have found:

Ktec £4080 kit only inc gen90 and exhaust link pipe (not too far from me and had cams and gearbox etc fitted here before)
ED £3000 kit only inc ecu but not link pipe
clioturbo.co.uk £2800 fitted? (abit of a drive)

was looking at a set of wilwood 4 pots for £660 but are the oem brake good enough for 230bhp??????

Ph1
Are you going to do the work yourself? If you're just spending £4k on parts then you can do a lot better than 230hp, realistically you could have 300hp with a forged engine.

For cheap parts give us a shout at ClioTurbo.

Theres lots of brake upgrades out there. As for gearbox, you can upgrade to an 02M but that'll probably wipe out at least half of your bugdet.

Is Clioturbo.co.uk the same company as DTM Cars / Andy RG or totally separate ?

Well i was thinking about doing myself to keep the cost down.
thanks for the post, good to know as finding all the places to get parts and etc...
as kits go i have found:

Ktec £4080 kit only inc gen90 and exhaust link pipe (not too far from me and had cams and gearbox etc fitted here before)
ED £3000 kit only inc ecu but not link pipe
clioturbo.co.uk £2800 fitted? (abit of a drive)

was looking at a set of wilwood 4 pots for £660 but are the oem brake good enough for 230bhp??????

I'm running Brembo HC discs with Ferodo DS2500 pads, 230 brake and they scrub off the speed fine. I'm not looking at 4 pots just yet anyway!

+1 for clioturbo.co.uk aswell!

PH1 loads of boost!
IMO if you're confident enough to do the work yourself then source the parts yourself as well then you can chose whichever turbo, ECU etc you want instead of just getting whatever is in the kit.

Drop us an email Andy@clioturbo.co.uk or Admin@clioturbo.co.uk if you want a good deal on turbo parts or some more advice. Or drop me a PM if you like.