ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! 172 rear discs

182 + 5 GT Turbo
Just fitting some new rear discs to my phase 1 172 and encountered a problem. The discs ive been sold by eurocarparts are minus the cogs for the ABS. are you supposed to press off the cogs from the old discs and fit them to the new ones or have i been sold the wrong discs??

cheers peeps

Lots of Alfas
Its typical for these not to be fitted to the discs, if you can get them off your old ones thats fine otherwise its a trip to Renault for a new pair. Did the discs from eurocarparts include the bearings?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
can someone please post up pictures of a new set of rear 172 discs (with ABS bits and bearings), i'm about to purchase some for my phase 172 and i'm confused with the variation in prices out there! Ta

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Excellent well written guide, with good pics. thanks for the link. Will be giving this a go next weekend!

BLK RSC172
i had to do that with mine i ended up heating the abs rings with a oxy torch and gently tapping them off..
i had the rotors sitting in the fridge so they slipped on when we placed them on the new rotors.
we also had to press new bearings in too...

182 + 5 GT Turbo
i had to do that with mine i ended up heating the abs rings with a oxy torch and gently tapping them off..
i had the rotors sitting in the fridge so they slipped on when we placed them on the new rotors.

Yep, looks like i'll be heating up the abs rings myself although i am yet to call eurocarparts to find out if they have made a mistake. seems like a lot of hassle to go to, i really think they should sell the discs with the rings on tbh.

Yep, looks like i'll be heating up the abs rings myself although i am yet to call eurocarparts to find out if they have made a mistake. seems like a lot of hassle to go to, i really think they should sell the discs with the rings on tbh.

There extra cost involved to make them cheaper they don't supply them.

They could argue there CUp ones so no need for the rings.

182 + 5 GT Turbo
Its typical for these not to be fitted to the discs, if you can get them off your old ones thats fine otherwise its a trip to Renault for a new pair. Did the discs from eurocarparts include the bearings?

certainly dont want to be paying reno prices mate, and no, the bearings were sold separately.