ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Stevenage

172 Cup
Hello everyone. I'm Tommy and I'm currently looking for a Clio 172/182 having just sold my BMW 330i and wanting something a bit more UNrefined and fun :p

I've come from having a couple of BMW's for road and track for the last 4 and a bit years and now I'm looking for some cheaper track fun since the cost of living just keeps on rising!

I'm off to see a 172 this weekend in Cambridge which is very low mileage and by all accounts, very well maintained but I keep thinking whether I should stump up some more cash for a 172 cup?

Anyway, hello, and if there's any kind members near Stevenage who wouldn't mind showing me around their 172 and what it should feel like, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

172 Cup
y0, Im just near Royston

Hi Jordi. I see you're a seasoned forum member - 9000 posts! Would you be available over the next few days to show me your car/what to look for so I know what to expect when I view this 172 on the weekend? I'll gladly buy you a beer.

Oh, and hi Brian!

172 cup
welcome mate,

Wish I read this thread sooner, just been through stevenage! Im up your way later in the week if you fancy a butchers. PM me.

Last edited:
  172 Cup
Hi everyone and thanks for the warm welcome.

Jordi, the car I am looking at this weekend is a full fat car but I did find a few Cups on AT last night (cheers!) that I might stretch to depending on their condition.

M140i/Orange 182
Theres a few RS's kicking about this area, i'm actually working in Stevenage as well today.

172 Cup
Well I called about that car in Bolton and the seller warned me against having a pre-purchase inspection done. Hmmmm, that would be a shed then! Very thankful he actually did warn me off though rather than have me waste a chunk of cash.

Now Sold :-(
Welcome. Im just down the road in WGC.
If you need/want some info on what to look for or just a chat about general ownership I'm more than happy to help. You are welcome to have a good look round my car if you think it will help when you go to view potential purchases.

172 Cup
Are you using it for track only? or a road car thats also for the occasional track day?

Good point. I wasn't very clear in my first post. It's for road use with occasional trackdays over the next 12-18 months. If I enjoy it more than I'm expecting (as it's FWD) I would possibly keep it and make it a dedicated track car after the period mentioned.