ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heep O'sh*te

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
so the clocks go backwards, and my preset on my iphone 4 alarm doesn't realise this so decides to go off an hour later that it should.....

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

Bus w**ker
FLOL I came on specifically to see how many others got a late wake up. Apple really do amaze me with the bugs they allow through.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
the time changed on my phone automatically as it should and i have a preset weekday alarm that still had the time of 5.15 saved but it went off at 6.15 even though the time on the phone was correct.....

....just found out it is a bug in the software that will be addressed on the next update.

Oh and Rob cheers, your an idiot for saying i deserved it.....

Last edited:

Lou

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! Luckily I seem to have a built in alarm clock and woke up 1 minute after my alarm should of went off!!

Thats a fairly annoying bug.

Queue the fan boys saying you should have reset the alarm and its not the iPhones fault :p

BMW E46 330i Touring
If you didn't notice yesterday that your phone hadn't changed, you deserve it anyway tbf.

How would anyone notice? Your clock says "7:45am" so you set your alarm for that same time.

Thousands of employees will be an hour late for work and have a legitimate excuse!

Mk4 .:R32
Mine did this. My alarm is set for 6.15am...the clock automatically changed on the early hours Sunday morning, yet my alarm went off at 7.15am

pain in the arse

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Same happened to the bird this morning.... Her phone did automatically change yesterday but today went off at 8am instead of 7am weird

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
the time changed on my phone automatically as it should and i have a preset weekday alarm that still had the time of 5.15 saved but it went off at 6.15 even though the time on the phone was correct.....

....just found out it is a bug in the software that will be addressed on the next update.

Oh and Rob cheers, your an idiot for saying i deserved it.....

Has everyone got a stick up there ass this morning? Jeebus

Next time I'll remember to put some sarcasm tags around any sarcasm used.

[sczm]Happy?[/sczm]

How would anyone notice? Your clock says "7:45am" so you set your alarm for that same time.

Thousands of employees will be an hour late for work and have a legitimate excuse!

Well no where in the OP did he mention it was a weekly alarm thing, my alarm is "preset" in a turn it on and that's your lot kind of way,and mine still worked fine, also in the OP he made it sound like the clock hadn't changed, which if you didn't notice for 24 hours, would indicate to me a lower than average level of intelligence.

[sczm]I think everyone in here is f**king stupid tbh[/sczm]

Whats the fix for this? Setting my alarm an hour 'early' until the next software update...

Monumental f**k up, well done Apple.

Just tried setting a new alarm and it worked fine...

So basically, delete any preset alarms you made in GMT+1 and set them up again and it'll work. Until next time.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Just delete then reset a new alarm, that should sort it, so i have been told.

...fubar beat me to it, as did rob.

f**king pain in the arse, 25 minutes late for work.

Phoned.

EDIT: and I clearly sounded like a bulls**tter when I told the gaffer my alarm didn't go off.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Happened to me as well.

Stupid dumb arse piece of s**t phone.

Still love it though.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Just tried setting a new alarm and it worked fine...

So basically, delete any preset alarms you made in GMT+1 and set them up again and it'll work. Until next time.

This doesn't work. The bug is on repeating alarms (that don't repeat everyday of the week) and can only be fixed by setting the alarm to go off an hour early....until Apple produce a software fix - I guess you just tried creating a non repeating alarm, in which case it will have appeared to have worked...until you got woken up an hour late again tomorrow.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
so no-one remembered the news about this happening in Australia, used some logic, and set another alarm

/face'o'palm

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
sorry but some of us don't follow iphone news updates on twitter....

This doesn't work. The bug is on repeating alarms (that don't repeat everyday of the week) and can only be fixed by setting the alarm to go off an hour early....until Apple produce a software fix - I guess you just tried creating a non repeating alarm, in which case it will have appeared to have worked...until you got woken up an hour late again tomorrow.

lol, cheers mate.

This. Just set the alarm 1 hour earlier than required until the fix.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
This happened to me to bloody pile of junk expensive junk at that.

Wonder how many people were actually late

LY 182
Fookin' hell! I didn't read more of this thread last night, so thought Fubar's comment was the fix...

Late again for work... phowned x2! :(

Mk4 .:R32
I got phowned as well.

Tested it last night and it would only work if I set it an hour earlier.

So I set my alarm for 5.15am instead on 6.15am, and the f**ker actually goes off at 5.15.

Make up your f**king mind you piece of sheet

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
I got phowned as well.

Tested it last night and it would only work if I set it an hour earlier.

So I set my alarm for 5.15am instead on 6.15am, and the f**ker actually goes off at 5.15.

Make up your f**king mind you piece of sheet

bet the alarm wasn't a reoccurring one.

i set 2 this morning, both new alarms (deleted the old one) set to go off each week day, both went off an hour late.

SLK 350
Is this an iPhone 4 specific issue, or does it also happen on iPhone 3 running iOS 4.X?

Comical though ;)