ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heating and fuel ! please look

hi ive got a 1.4 clio, various mods, but main probelms with the car are , it uses alot of fuel! ive tried so many things ive replaced the map sensor , the lambard sensor,the distribution cap, the rotar arm, and it still hasent helped i put £10 quid in and get bout 65miles which is very poor! im gonna check the timing to night 2 c if thats alright! the second problem is the heater! i replaced it a while ago and it only blows out cold air but it will blow out hot air but not for long,im really stuck with this , i dnt wanna spend alot of money to get it fixed coz i cant afford it but if any one can help it would be much appreciated.tom

tiTTy & SV650

what about the fuel mix? Is it a fairly old car? I would have thought thered be an adjustment for the amount of fuel / air injected to the mix... maybe this isnt set right?

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by tomthehack on 17 February 2005

hi ive got a 1.4 clio, various mods, but main probelms with the car are , it uses alot of fuel! ive tried so many things ive replaced the map sensor , the lambard sensor,the distribution cap, the rotar arm, and it still hasent helped i put £10 quid in and get bout 65miles which is very poor! im gonna check the timing to night 2 c if thats alright! the second problem is the heater! i replaced it a while ago and it only blows out cold air but it will blow out hot air but not for long,im really stuck with this , i dnt wanna spend alot of money to get it fixed coz i cant afford it but if any one can help it would be much appreciated.tom
as for the heater, what did you replace, the fan or the heater matrix? Theres normally two pipes attached to the heater matrix which come through the bulkhead from the engine bay, are they both connected?

Im not a clio expert Im afraid, Im sure someone will come along and put you straight.