ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater Resistor Pack - or is it?

E85 3.0i
I've been searching all afternoon and can't find the answer to my question...

No longer have any air blowing from climate control yet display works fine, so I've assumed from info on here that it's a heater resistor pack that needs replacing. Got one today from NE Renault Parts second hand and fitted, however it's not solved the problem.

My question now is - how do I tell if this is definately the problem? I've tried shorting pins 1+5 but that doesn't cause the fan to work either.

I'm aware that the second hand pack could also be faulty, however I don't want to buy a new one from Renault for £ 130 and find that this isn't the problem?

Any ideas?!

Clio 172mk2
if uve shorted out the correct pins and it hasnt worked then its possibly the fan , try connected the fan direct to power, n see if it works then

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Check the relay box under the bonnet. My relay miraculously became detached and it stopped the fan working.

Same exact symptoms as the resistor pack. Luckily, I found out before I lost money on buying a new resistor pack @ £120.

E85 3.0i
Check the relay box under the bonnet. My relay miraculously became detached and it stopped the fan working.

Same exact symptoms as the resistor pack. Luckily, I found out before I lost money on buying a new resistor pack @ £120.

Can't see anything loose in that box, it's not looking good. I wouldn't mind paying £ 126 if I knew it would fix it!

like said above if your shorting terminals 1+5 and the fan is not working still you might find the motor is shagged i had exactly the same problem about 3weeks ago. took it to renault and they changed the rheostat/resistor and the heater blower motor.

E85 3.0i
like said above if your shorting terminals 1+5 and the fan is not working still you might find the motor is shagged i had exactly the same problem about 3weeks ago. took it to renault and they changed the rheostat/resistor and the heater blower motor.

:(

How much mate?

www.renparts.co.uk
9/10 with climate control it's the resistor, and with a/c it's the blower motor we have sold hundreds this winter! I'd change the blower motor before you go to Renault and spend £££!

www.renparts.co.uk
Reasonably straight forward, you need to take the scuttle panel off though! I'm not in the office today or I'd get somebody to explain better! If you ring after 5 and speak to Josh he should be able to answer your questions :D

E85 3.0i
Thanks pal will do. I got annoyed this afternoon and have booked it in at Renault, but that can easy be cancelled!

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
Its the blower motor... Mine just needed skiming...
It was the magnet poles that were not creating the motor to spin...
Did mine today works fine now...

E85 3.0i
I have a resistor pack if you need one.

I it's used but still does the job a treat.

PM me.

Thanks mate but I'm starting to think this isn't the issue, seen as I've shorted pins 1 and 5 and still nothing, and the second hand one I got today didn't do anything.

Gna be over the £ 1500 since New Year point after this!