ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater Fan/Motor not working

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
Hi

I have a 2002 Clio 1.6 Dynamique + with AC, for the last couple of weeks I've had no air coming through the heating vents doesn't matter what speed or temperature I set it too.

Anyway after looking on here decided to see if it was the dreaded resistor pack, took the plug off and read that if you short pin 1 and 5 the blower should kick into life did this and nothing happened, so checked all the plugs and fuses nothing, in the end in frustration I hit the motor housing with my fist guess what it started up although it sounded pretty rough as though the bearings have gone, anyways after running for about 5 mins it started to slow down and stopped again so I'm guessing the motor is dead or dying?

My question is how much is a new motor from the stealers, or if going second hand will any clio Mk2 Ph2 that has air con have the same heater motor?

Cheers

Mark

New motors arn't cheap but check as prices do chnage second hand one is cheap enough just make sure the car has air con otherwise you ill be stuck

removal isn't that bad remove the scuttle panel move the wiperts round and remove

Titanium Clio 182
New motors arn't cheap but check as prices do chnage second hand one is cheap enough just make sure the car has air con otherwise you ill be stuck

removal isn't that bad remove the scuttle panel move the wiperts round and remove
I'll put it in the garage, Motor is going to cost me 60 quid. Gonna do it in 8 months time though. Off to the gulf for 7 months in a weeks time.

Titanium Clio 182
I moved it today, removed scuttle panel and the wire connections, removed two small bolts/screws and then pulled it out. was caught on something at the bottom, so yanked it and some of the plastic snapped. Motor seems ok, little dusty, will check it tomorrow as i need to buy a fuse.