ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater Controls Back Light

172 cup
Searched for this but cant find an answer any where. How do you change the 2 blubs in the heater controls? Mine have gone and need replacing.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
I need to know exaclty the same thing!
Just been out there now trying to get to the back of it but i got no chance of doing it!

Cheers

Da

Less
Head unit out (make sure you know the code!)
Remove the 2 x torx screws on the inside of the H/U recess that secure the lower panel. These are at the front, on the leading edge.

Next remove the blank panel above the cup holder, this pulls towards you. Do not try to prise it downwards as you will break the clips.

Once this is removed you will find 2 more torx screws. Remove these and the unit can now be unclipped from the cables etc and removed.

It requires 1w wedge filament lamps. 2 or 3 of them, I can't remember off hand.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
yea all done with mine now! what a pain.
Thing is though, with that orange filter in there, the white leds i put in arent white!
So i took the filter out and now it just looks yellow!
Grrr

172 cup
Heres the finished work lol although they do look slightly orange they are identical to the stereo.
SNC00077.jpg

SNC00078.jpg

SNC00079.jpg

SNC00081.jpg

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Oh, yours looks exactly the same colour as mine.
Must just be me, being a fussy git. Gonna try and cut out a new filter to put behind it at some point. and put a blue smd in the re-circulation button.

172 cup
Some very tricky soldering and some stripping lol, i'll sort a list for you. What colour were you thinking and do you have climate control

SchwepTek™
Some very tricky soldering and some stripping lol, i'll sort a list for you. What colour were you thinking and do you have climate control

Thinking blue too. I dont have climate, its same as yours.

I know how to get the dials out etc but wouldnt have a clue what needs soldering.