ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heat shield removal

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
My heat shield is rattling at my fuel tank. has anyone removed this? i understand its best to keep the heat shield due to it being the fuel tank.

I would rather replace it for a brand new one.

182 ff
My heat shield is rattling at my fuel tank. has anyone removed this? i understand its best to keep the heat shield due to it being the fuel tank.

I would rather replace it for a brand new one.
heat shield may of rushed through the nut washer,just put bigger washer on.. see if that stops it.. i did it on mine...

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
heat shield may of rushed through the nut washer,just put bigger washer on.. see if that stops it.. i did it on mine...
already done this. the dobber who has played about with my heat shield previously has kindly snapped bent one of the screws so i cant put a nut on it. might heat it and try and get it back into shape :eek:

182 ff
already done this. the dobber who has played about with my heat shield previously has kindly snapped bent one of the screws so i cant put a nut on it. might heat it and try and get it back into shape :blush:
you get some cowboys..mine was just all rotten through..easy fix with bigger washers..someone on here had a rattle.. looked underneath.. the previous owner put a screw through the boot, to try and stop the rattle ha

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
you get some cowboys..mine was just all rotten through..easy fix with bigger washers..someone on here had a rattle.. looked underneath.. the previous owner put a screw through the boot, to try and stop the rattle ha
haha thats shocking! my car has as light bit of rust where the heat shield has rubbed from moving. going to paint it with hammer right black and that should help. only a small spot thankfully.