ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heat Shield Rattle

ClioSport 182
Hi,

Ok, so after 20,000 kms with my 182, it would appear that the heat shield has picked up a rattle. Dabbing the accelerator there is a metallic rattle at 2,000 rpm (approx) coming from under the car towards the back.

If it is the heat shield does it mean that a screw (or bolt) has come loose and it just needs tightening, or does it mean that I have to remove the whole thing and bend it back into shape and then put back on again?

Is this a DIY 30 min job, or a trip to Renault?

Thanks for any help!
KnightAzul

ClioSport 182
Bump. Nobody can help me here? I thought that everyone's heat shield got the rattles once in a while!

KnightAzul

clio 200
it could be a heatshield or a common problem on the 172s was a rattle at around 4k and that was the inside of the centre section exhaust rattling but dunno if this is still a problem on 182s

ClioSport 182
Last night the "gas escaping" light started flashing on the dash, so I guess the rattling is definitely related to the exhaust. Probably blowing or something and that has affected the heat shield. This morning the "gas escaping" light did not come on, but me thinks that I need to get to the Renault garage sharpish!

KnightAzul

clio 200
yeah take it down renault m8, and whatever they tell you it will be covered by warranty so dont let them fob you off

got the same on mine even though its a different car, reckon its the baffle blown and rattling inside, or may be the cat, well annoying

clio 200
if its on a 172 bang, and it rattles around the 3-4k mark then it is the centre section baffles rattling inside and it is covered by warranty so just take it to renault and create hell