ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heat Cycle 595 RS-R?

Not really.
I've been using them for a few years now and my notes are:

- They grip pretty well cold, and grip amazing with a bit of heat in them
- When they cool down after being heated up, they seem to have noticeably less grip (even vs. cold), i.e. when coming home from a spirited drive and the heat leaves the tyres. Not sure why this is but just be wary of it, they go back to normal after being left to rest.
- They're not amazing in the wet, especially standing water. Not terrible but again, just be wary.

They seem to wear well and still generate a lot of grip once warm even after many heat cycles, I rate them highly and I'm sure you'll love them. Dry grip is brilliant.

Ph2 Clio 172
Had a set for 18 months. Didn't use the car daily so for 12 months they just did 4 track days. 2 were wet and they were great so long as you avoided puddles.

I've since moved jobs and stuck 8000 miles through them and apart from some uneven wear due to front camber they have been fine. Again just avoid puddles. I expect there's a couple more track days in them before I replace them, and unless there is a cheap alternative I will be getting the same again.

No need to heat cycle them. The marbles that can build up on them on track and then ping off on the way home can be unsettling at first but then just lol as they flick flick flick flick ping down the road :)

A mate runs them on his MX5 and they are on the edge of being too grippy, especially when warm. Great balance when they do slide however.

I recommended them. Just beware of standing water and take care in the cold.