ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights flickering, window wipers problem etc

Clio 197 Cup
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help.

I have an 09 Clio 197 Cup and recently (within the last week) the headlights when driving will turn themselves on even though they are switched off.

If i move the indicator stick however they turn off again for a short while but then come back on.

While driving yesterday my window wipers also started playing up - basically i turned them on when it started raining and when i went to turn them off they didnt stop!

Is this a connection issue? I'm hoping its nothing major as its just gone 6 months past the warranty.

Thanks

1.2 16v
Sounds like auto lights might be turned on? It can still run in the day when it's cloudy/foggy or just not enough light etc. Same with auto wipers but when it detects water/rain

Last edited:
  Clio 197 Cup
Sounds like auto lights might be turned on? It can still run in the day when it's cloudy/foggy or just not enough light etc. Same with auto wipers but when it detects water/rain

Hi guys, no i dont have the luxury of auto lights and wipers - i have a cup version so all that stripped out.

Phoned two Renault garages - one wanted £150 to diagnose the problem the other £72.

Have booked it in with the latter but the first con artist i spoke to reckons its the MCU which will cost circa £400 to replace.

Not happy especially as its only 3 1/2 years old will prob complain to Renault if that turns out to be the problem.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
There is a chance it is the UCH as it does control all of that but it could also be a wiring fault or a fault with the clusters (though its strange for both control clusters to go at the same time).

If it is the UCH at fault you need to fin out why it's gone (age, moisture ingress) to stop it happening again to any replacement.

Megane dci 130
Could possibly be a switch fault. These switches are complicated as they use low current switching to work. If the uch detects any problems it puts the lights on as a default. Needs further investigation on clip though,

Could also be moisture that's got to the UPC under the bonnet.