ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlight restoration/refurb

Charged Superleggera
looking to freshen up my xenon's at the moment and ive trie just using a machine poliher and srp and its not having any affect on the deeper scratches. ive heard people using various wet and dry sandpaper and then machine polishing them. does this method actually work and is there any risks?

SRP is a filler, With only very mild correction going on iirc.

Get some polish with a better cut.

I used sandpaper 2000 > 3000 >> polish: Poorboys 3.0 > 2.5 > Then finished off with Megs swirl remover.

Look 10x better, But some grit must of got under the sandpaper in some parts and need to be re-done :(

Porsche Boxster987S
i machined my taillight with with swirl and scratch be gone (chem guys )and refined with their pro polish. Worked a treat

Machine polisher with Menz IP will do it. If they are really bad you can use something like 1500 or 2000 grit wet and dry paper.

Charged Superleggera
Machine polisher with Menz IP will do it. If they are really bad you can use something like 1500 or 2000 grit wet and dry paper.

yeh i think somescratches will only come out with sandpaper. do you sand thewhole headlight or just the deep scratches?