ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlight mod help

I just got a cheap set of dual optics for my ph1. As my cars black id like to paint the inside bit black of the headlights. I searched for a how to but couldn't find anything, as anyone done this mod?

172 Ph1
Someone done me the pleasure already .
It can't be to difficult can it .
Isn't it just a case of removing the plastic cover.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430078795.274302.jpg

Iceberg PH1 172
You can buy black insert angel eyes.
Not oem but another option. They are about 135 from quick googling.

but if you nacker up your oem lights trying to split them open be prepared to pay similar for replacing them with new ones.
Ive seen new oem/oem copies on ebay selling for nearly 100 quid a side. Obviously breaker 2nds will be cheaper but probably need rubbing down.

Astra GSI, Clio 172
Back in the Saxo days you would stick them in the oven for the glue to heat up then get a screwdriver in between to pry them apart. Pretty ghetto thinking about in now hah!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
You can buy black insert angel eyes.
Not oem but another option. They are about 135 from quick googling.

but if you nacker up your oem lights trying to split them open be prepared to pay similar for replacing them with new ones.
Ive seen new oem/oem copies on ebay selling for nearly 100 quid a side. Obviously breaker 2nds will be cheaper but probably need rubbing down.
£80 quid a side brand new from ECP.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Back in the Saxo days you would stick them in the oven for the glue to heat up then get a screwdriver in between to pry them apart. Pretty ghetto thinking about in now hah!
This is what I have heard too, would it be epoxy resin to seal them back again?

Astra GSI, Clio 172
This is what I have heard too, would it be epoxy resin to seal them back again?
I'm not sure what i used for it now if i'm honest probably silicon, i remember heating the headlight back up with the glue though so it was nice and hot.