ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight bulbs

Mec 350 slk manual
Want to upgrade the headlight bulbs on the ph1 what would you recommend
thanks
martin

Ph1
I bought one last week for the ph1 and everything was straight plug and play, impossible to go wrong. Took a few minutes to install, hardest bit was making sure the ballasts were strapped down.

Also bought those cree sidelight bulbs which are ten fold brighter than the standard ones.

2004 Clio 1.4 16v
Osram NightBreakers Unlimited £10 Excellent Buy From Work, For Side Lights I Just Went With Ring Bulbs Look Blue But Light Up White £1.90

2004 Clio 1.4 16v
Yeah mate very good, I had The New Ring Ultimas 120% in my corsa wernt no wherenear as bright as the osram bulbs, Anyhow when corsa went forgot to take em out.

But glad got Osram bulbs much brighter.

What side lights you got in??

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
  2004 Clio 1.4 16v
Main bean H1 or Alternative Number R448

Dipped H7 or Alternative Number R477

I work in a Car Parts Place And The Amount Of People Ask For Main Headlight Bulbs When they Actually Mean DIPPED is Amazing Must Be 9/10

Last edited:

koi

Audi S1
How long are the Osram nightbreakers lasting for you guys? Had the normal ones and the gold ones and neither last more than 10 months.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Another vote for the Osram nightbreakers if not going down the HID kit route

Great bulbs. Used them in a few cars, last well in my experience of them

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
hid if not Philips bluevision ultra , nightbreakers are average at best .

I had these in my ph1 (will be for sale soon ;)), they are brilliant, so much better than any standard bulb replacement and probably cheaper too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00643CEOM/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Crisp white light, perfect aim through the projectors, I couldn't of been happier for the price!

And should add these loom clip to connect HID kits are so easy to fit I don't see why not if you already have projector lenses.

Clio 172 Cup
Guys, what are the bulbs like to change on a 172 Cup? My NSF dipped beam has gone so need to replace, can get Ring Ultimate Xenon or whatever they're called cheap off a mate so going with those, probably do both dip & main beam while I'm at it but want to know how easy/hard a job it is?

Arctic 182
Guys, what are the bulbs like to change on a 172 Cup? My NSF dipped beam has gone so need to replace, can get Ring Ultimate Xenon or whatever they're called cheap off a mate so going with those, probably do both dip & main beam while I'm at it but want to know how easy/hard a job it is?

Not massively hard mate, might be a bit of a squeeze if you've got big hands & a bit diddly but still just a plug & play job.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
+1 for osram breakers, changed the OEM ones in my 200 to these & they're a fair bit better tbh.

Osram night breaker unlimited, are they slightly white. I want ones which have a whitish output but want to stay road legal and keep some performance

Polo + Micra
there is a limit to how white you can go with filament lamps.

i'd say osram nightbreakers are one of the best road legal lamps you can get

Would u say osram have a noticeable difference on standard lamps? I only have normal headlights and just wana change bulb not Hid things, insurance bad enough as it

Polo + Micra
i have them in my polo and are miles better than the lamps they replaced.

i have had people flash me on unlit roads flash me. they are not as white as HID lamps but probably as close as you can get.