ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlamp "plug"/ wires, please help!!

Clio Authentique 1.2
A little problem here people. Long story short, my passenger side headlamp gave up its ghost yesterday. No light from either of the beams, fogs or amber flasher. So took it to a local garage, fella said I need a new headlamp (£60. approx?) and then he'd charge me £50 to fix it. Anyway not content on paying Phil Mitchell my hard earned Kash (!), I had a little look myself. Forgive my ignorance, but I am not mechanical savvy at all. I found that if i PUSH HARD on the "plug" in the pic below into the connection in the headlamp, it worked, so basically a loose connection of somesort:

Photo0043.jpg

Another view of the "plug" in question:

Photo0046.jpg

So my questions are, a) What is that actually called?, and b) What can I actually do to fix my headlamp problem, is the little "plug" defective or the headlamp insert defective?

And lastly, I found this wire dangling and not connected anywhere right beside my headlamp, any idea what purpose this bl**dy thing serves:

Photo0045.jpg

Many thanks all.

K

Hard to say exactly what it is my connector don't clip on very easily though still work fine. If you push it in and let go and it works just need to sort the connector from coming back off. If you have to hold it in something isn't right. Could even be one of the pins that connector goes onto on the headlight is loose really hard to say without seeing. The other connector though looks like the one that joins onto the foglight loom if you have them.

Clio Authentique 1.2
Tidyclio, many thanks for your reply. Yeh I have to hold it in HARD in order for it to work. Can that particular connector be replaced, i.e. can I just pull the wires out which run into it and stick into another replacement connector? Not too keen on having to replace the whole headlamp when it DOES work.
And yes that does make sense re. the foglight loom, I have foglight slots, but no foglights hence why it i hanging!

Clio Authentique 1.2
Established what the problem was, a couple of pins in the connector were bent and likewise a pin in the headlamp was also bent! it now slots in, but upon further inspection, I've found that the rotating motor type thing which connects to the passenger headlamp which adjusts the direction of the beam vertically is blown, so need to get one of those, are they expensive at all?