ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit which will charge iphone?

An orange one
Can anyone reccomend me a headunit which is decent but not going to break the bank? It has to control my 5S and allow me to make and recieve calls, and also charge my phone via cable if this is possible?

Its for the tractor which doesn't have a 12v plug and my battery barely
lasts the day :(

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I used to have this in my 106. Was a really good stereo. It's still working now after going through numerous cars and is now in my mates Beetle.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Colin, I bought a second hand Sony BT3900 off eBay for about £60.

It's does everything you said you needed.

There's normally quite a few en eBay.

An orange one
Hi guys thanks for the tips, that Sony one looks decent. But does it enable you to charge the iphone via the head unit?

An orange one
Great! I've missed that one Ron linked but ill keep an eye out for another one, or the pioneer one Owen mentioned.

Got a decent Blaupunkt in there at the moment but CD's rattling around the cab soon gets annoying!

Clio 182
Sony 3900 is good, but call quality with a pioneer with parrot technology is much better - deh4500 is under £100

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Thats a great looking unit, I'd say maybe a bit over my budget really though, out of interest how long are the iphone cables that come with these units normally? Tractor headunits are up in the panel over your head and phone would be sitting on the side trim panel

I thought you were joking about the tractor!

Can get ipod dock extension cables, and USB extension cables, so not really a problem.

An orange one
I thought you were joking about the tractor!

Can get ipod dock extension cables, and USB extension cables, so not really a problem.

lol nope serious!

My other baby :)

null_zps3e5f5134.png