ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Gasket, Gone?

Cars done 90k.. on the orignal head, cam and pretty much everything else lol.
Tbh I'm not going to change the gasket or cam I'm just going to use it till it dies and shove a new 1.4 lump from the scrappies in there.
Basically I started it up this morning and there was a bit of water coming from the exhaust and more smoke than normal, taking into account it was very cold.
The car has also got harder to start over the past month.
No fur in the water tank, no water in the oil.
The engine is covered in oil I don't know why but in the two months I've had it the oil gauge has stayed in the same position (backed up by the oil dipstick).
If the head has gone the engine has had a great life 90k with pretty much nothing done to it cept the basic service every blue moon.

Probably best to add the water/smoke stops when the engines been on for a little while, I only do short trips try to keep revs below 2k & the coolent needs topping up once every so often.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mine is giving off more smoke than usual and i get a lot of water coming out my exhaust, its just condensation. i think the extra smoke is down to my induction kit though, only started when i put that on