ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Having trouble installing subwoofer, HELP!

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Interesting, I ran/run all leads down the passenger side, in my old mk2 and my now mk3, never had any interference that I've noticed at least, is it really that important? Or perhaps more important the more power your running through, bigger sub etc, mines on a little 10" active

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Sometimes you get lucky on the interferance, ive had cars where it doesnt notice, and others that whine like a b**ch with the revs,
its best to play it safe during fitting rather than need to rip it out once it starts doing your head in!

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Fair enough, I guess I've just been lucky so far then, might bear it in mind for the next time though! :)

Polo + Micra
i've never had a problem with interference in any car i've installed audio in and i've always run rca and power down the same side (ive even had the remote as part of the rca lead)

if you get interference it's 99% down to bad earth somewhere

Clio 172 Replica
AHHH is that what that high pitch whinning is when the revs go up (when the music is off but CD player is on)

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Where abouts does the power cable go? Just unbolt the main positive wire pop power cable ring terminal over, and bolt back up? And is the negative terminal I disconnect before working on electrics? And take the fuse out of the power cable? ( fuse end close to battery right) cheers guys x

R.J

2003 1.2 16v Clio
yeah disconnect your negative side. undo the nut on the positive side and connect the power cable using a ring terminal and do the nut back on. don't connect the negative until you have finished the install. try to get your fuse as close to your battery as possible. (within 12 inches away is good enough) good luck mate

Dynamique 1.2 16v
yeah disconnect your negative side. undo the nut on the positive side and connect the power cable using a ring terminal and do the nut back on. don't connect the negative until you have finished the install. try to get your fuse as close to your battery as possible. (within 12 inches away is good enough) good luck mate

Cheers mate! My sub came with a wiring kit, all with ring terminals attached (pretty good I guess) and already with fuse connected inline pretty close to the ring! So will look into doing this Thursday hopefully when I get back from a meeting (boring can't be botherednessness!!) all the rest like RCA and remote wire pretty straight forward! What can I use to connect the remote wire? Is there something that doesn't involve souldering? Haven't souldered since middle school!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Butt connector? Bullet connectors? Spade connectors?
twist join and heat shrink?

couple of simple joins available there

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Find an access point or grommet you can feed the cable through on my 172 I went under the coolant bottle behind the carpet, there an unused grommet that comes out in the passengers footwell.

Me, page 2 of thread

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Can I pull the carpet off without breaking the plastics pins holding it in? I just tried to get through the bonnet release grommet? Can I just push the bonnet release cable out do you know?:)

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
possibly, but make sure it moves freely afterwards, don't want to get your bonnet sticking open or shut.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Right I've got all wires installed connected to power wire to battery but haven't sort cables in the boot of the car yet! Started to rain so had to abandon ship!! I connected the power wire to battery before the rain, an have now had to connect negative back to battery to lock the car?! The power wire doesn't have a fuse in the fuse holder yet, will it drain the battery or not?

R.J

2003 1.2 16v Clio
Right I've got all wires installed connected to power wire to battery but haven't sort cables in the boot of the car yet! Started to rain so had to abandon ship!! I connected the power wire to battery before the rain, an have now had to connect negative back to battery to lock the car?! The power wire doesn't have a fuse in the fuse holder yet, will it drain the battery or not?

It shouldn't drain your battery. I'm new to car electrics but i think the inline fuse protects the battery from shorting in the event of a power surge. However i wouldn't recommend leaving it without an inline fuse for too long

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Well I'll have to leave it on over night until the morning when I can sort it out when it's dry hopefully lol? So won't be using the car until then!!

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Also how do I go about wiring it up now? I managed to get my earth in to the amp? Do I put power cable into the amp and then put inline fuse in then connect neg to the battery?

R.J

2003 1.2 16v Clio
ground it first, connect rem wire then connect power last. then connect the negative side on battery. really hope it dry's up tomorrow, want to paint my brake calipers red to increase my bhp ;)

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Ahh lovely!! I have already connected ground then got rained on lol! Literally just have to Connect two wires! Annoying haha! Ahh speedy speedy!;) fingers crossed

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Well I didn't update but I did it all :) plus I know someone who could have done it for free but I'd rather do it myself :) cheers for the help btw guys