ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Havent been on this forum for a long time.... 200 Raidier Return!

So after selling my clio 172 a long time back, im going to pick up a Clio 200 Raider in Diavolo Red tomorrow. Heres a few pictures...
68ec32ed6cfdcbf0584848b37fb41972.png

e99b99e7c131a2bea6ff4f9f06c52dfd.png

d33a08527d9995f3fa378e745ceee69d.png

Wondered what you guys would set out to do first? Been looking at fitting a Akrapovic Evo Exhaust.
Seen alot of people hating the gt spoiler and r26r wheels, thoughts?

Cheers Ant.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I don't like gt spoilers anyway. But that's just me, the wheels are awesome though.

Very rare to see a red one! I think you're the first on the forum to have one.

The red paint is an odd finish isn't it, I remember staring at one and fondling it in the dealership when they were out.

Brilliant looking car though and amazing seats!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Akrapovic exhaust then leave it as it is
Wheels and spoiler are fine.
Great looking car matey

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
First time I've seen a red one!
As above, I think it looks good personally.
Get along to some meets too. The regions have been changed a bit recently so you should find a more local gathering.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Looks fantastic mate! Awesome colour too! I didn't even know they made them in that colour? Matt red is a bold choice but really works!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
There's one of these near me. Looks good though personally wouldn't want matte paint! Seats are gorgeous.

Yeah seen a lot of people put 20mm/25mm spacers on 200's? This is only at my first glance on forums for a while, they seem to make them sit better, not sure if it would with the larger wheels.

I do think the gt spolier suits the raider, so I'm sure I'll be keeping that!
Exhaust is a must do, as well as getting some springs, which do you guys recommend?

Would love to go to some meets, meet a few of you guys that a I never did with my 172!

I think these cars need the cup spoiler in all cases!
How do you find it compared to the 172? More sure footed and stable?

I think these cars need the cup spoiler in all cases!
How do you find it compared to the 172? More sure footed and stable?
I'm 30 minutes from picking it up, so I'll tell you once I've got it, but drove a 200 and they seem more tighter and together than my 172, guessing due to age maybe and development of chassis

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
H&R springs are a popular choice. Spacers are too but id find out what offset the R wheels are first as they may be slightly wider. I think 25mm spacers look too much but i like a little tuck personally as it looks more OEM.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah seen a lot of people put 20mm/25mm spacers on 200's? This is only at my first glance on forums for a while, they seem to make them sit better, not sure if it would with the larger wheels.

I do think the gt spolier suits the raider, so I'm sure I'll be keeping that!
Exhaust is a must do, as well as getting some springs, which do you guys recommend?

Would love to go to some meets, meet a few of you guys that a I never did with my 172!

H&R 30mm springs and H&R 25mm spacers is an awesome combination.

And the akra exhaust is brilliant, it sounds immense and gives some good gains.

Clio RS200 Raider
ok - here's another - common as.........

IMG_4009.JPG
IMG_4008.JPG

Don't want to hijack your thread - just saying "hi".
bought this a month ago but haven't introduced myself properly yet.
Previous owner was on this forum but haven't been able to contact him - RyanRs200Raider.
I was a bit concerned about the matte but loved the look of the car so thought what the hell, go for it.
I've now given it a good clean and sealed it with Nanolex to help with maintenance - plenty of threads on the net to suggest the matte is not really the problem folk think it is.

Last edited:
  GTD, Lupo
Love these! Only thing that has put me off is the two I have seen, it looks like someone has taken a chisel to the paint on the upper section of the bumper.

As for spring and spacers I ran H&R springs with Eibach 25 mm spacers on my 200. I'm not sure if the R wheels are a different offset to the speedlines? but with the above the wheels were flush with the arch.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
ok - here's another - common as.........

View attachment 116310 View attachment 116312

Don't want to hijack your thread - just saying "hi".
bought this a month ago but haven't introduced myself properly yet.
Previous owner was on this forum but haven't been able to contact him - RyanRs200Raider.
I was a bit concerned about the matte but loved the look of the car so thought what the hell, go for it.
I've now given it a good clean and sealed it with Nanolex to help with maintenance - plenty of threads on the net to suggest the matte is not really the problem folk think it is.

Starting to go pink already [emoji39]

Clio RS200 Raider
Renault has also applied a gloss black finish to the Raider's 18-inch alloy wheels, which get Bridgestone RE 050A tyres, as used on the record-breaking Megane Renaultsport 265 Trophy.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
@jesus, the akra is £1200 new off the top of my head. It's extortionate but it sounds immense in person and gives noticeable gains. Not sure on the exact figure but My mates 200 has a definite speed increase since fitting.

Interlagos, the wheels are called. They're fitted to the mk3 (I think it's mk3) laguna coupé. I quite want a set.

Can't make up my mind on the matte paint on these... nice car all the same!

Diavolo pink is very hit and miss isn't it.

Clio RS200 Raider
Thanks.
Re the Akrapovic - I agree - a bit too rich for me new though - any second hand out there ???