ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have I bought the right Car?! :|

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i dont care if someone is used to driving a range rover or something else massive and heavy, a small light clio as much as it may not feel as refined its still safe and stable. i had mine atleast a few times a week at 140 odd mph and never once felt unsafe in it then suddenly it felt like it was all over the place at anything over 40mph, it was like driving in gale force winds, changed the rear dampers and it was fine again, went thru the same thing with my ph1 172 too recently, new dampers sorted it too.

People say they're not unstable but they simply are. Okay maybe unstable is the wrong word, but they are definitely nervous cars, as you would expect. Not a bad thing as such, it's just the way small cars are. Drive a 197 in anger and then come back and say a 182 is stable. The 182 feels like a jalopy in comparison. Nervous, skittish, and rolling onto its door mirrors. Still extremely capable and involving, but composed they aint. For many that's half the fun. For others it's unsettling if they are used to more stable cars. No? Oh I forgot, NOTHING is better than a Clio 182. There MUST be something wrong with it. LOL.

That's not to say that there isn't of course. Pretty difficult to draw a conclusion without comparing it to another one.