ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Haters Are REALLY Going To Hate

225 Cup & Williams
This has just proved to me how many keyboard warriors and w..ks are on this forum. Some people really need to get a grip..

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im not too fussed about sheep, key board warriors or wa*kers to be honest, As i say everyone has there opinion and there is plenty of cars i dont like or mods, upgrades that i think are silly but i dont go spitting the dummy or saying people cant afford to run there car cause they put older OE parts on it.

Each to there own and all that.

I like them, They are temp and i still own and will be putting the OE 16" speedline turini's on when i feel like it and when they have been all sorted.

172 Cup
Jesus christ! How can you possibly comment on someones financial status because the boy changed his wheels?

It's absolutley none of your concern, f**k me!
Exactly what i was thinking!

I love Clovers. They look too far in the arch on the front though. Spacers and lowering and it would look spot on
And exactly what i was thinking...if you were to keep them :)
Also possibly making the centrecaps anthracite?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's a sign of the times when half the people posting in here don't recognise Valver wheels anymore.

williamsclio just exploded.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Thread title was apt, considering you've taken Turinis off a car that has them as standard, and the CS massive suggest Turinis are the best alloy to put on any car, never mind a Clio.

I think it looks alright, but I agree with some that they are too... shaped... to work effectively. If I'm being honest, I don't actually think the Turinis look that good on the Trophy. Omm, I'm telling my mam etc.

Meh. It's your car buddy, do what you want, but by posting them on here you're obviously after a bit of feedback and it looks like you've got more negative than positive.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Outwith the wheels themselves I don't think Silver wheels suit the Trophy at all no matter what wheel design and i'm a massive Silver wheel fan.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
All i can do is repeat exactly what i have said already

Im not too fussed about sheep, key board warriors or wa*kers to be honest, As i say everyone has there opinion and there is plenty of cars i dont like or mods, upgrades that i think are silly but i dont go spitting the dummy or saying people cant afford to run there car cause they put older OE parts on it.

Each to there own and all that.

I like them, They are temp and i still own and will be putting the OE 16" speedline turini's on when i feel like it and when they have been all sorted.

What i find funny is comments like the one below and how everyone is on posting up how its only 2118's or Turini's or even 1.2's are a must.
I dont like Turbine's but i would not be saying this

So basically you can't afford to look after your car properly and buy new tyres so you've fitted a set of wheels that make it look crap.

New tyres on your Turinis would look much better even if they do need a refurb.

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Replica
I was confused then looking at the trophy sticker thinking... whatsthe prob (i skimmed threw the paragraph) then i realised...

not for me however...
the is a slight look about them which is ok!

Mk3 Megane 250
Get it done!!

34rula0.jpg

Mk3 Megane 250
Just to point out tis a photoshop, but does look much much better hooped with those wheels, but as he has said each to their own and all that jazz

Listerine & Poledo
Lol CS logic:

Put photo up of Clio not on forum-approved wheels:-

"That looks s**t, where are da Turinis/ 1234s? Ghey"

Photoshop 45mm lower (so as to completely remove the point if it being a trophy):-

"Errmehgerrd, that's soooooo sik I just jizzed so hard I blew a nut"

Spanners are tools

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Lol CS logic:

Put photo up of Clio not on forum-approved wheels:-

"That looks s**t, where are da Turinis/ 1234s? Ghey"

Photoshop 45mm lower (so as to completely remove the point if it being a trophy):-

"Errmehgerrd, that's soooooo sik I just jizzed so hard I blew a nut"

Spanners are tools

Flol!

Seen far worse wheels fitted on here. I'd happily drive round in it ha.

Not really sure why some people are getting so offended by the hate. The clue is in the title.

Personally I think it looks rubbish but it's not my car so I don't really care.

Flamer
Personally if you wanna f**k about with a Clio buy a good 182/172. Trophys are spec'd an designed specifically already altered an Have trophy suspension, ride height for handling etc. You wanna lower an change stuff buy a normal Clio sport an knock yourself out. That's just my opinion.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Flol @ the trophy worshippers its just an old clio with a nice shade of paint and some fairly decent shocks.

Its not a 1934 rolls royce.

Flol @ the trophy worshippers its just an old clio with a nice shade of paint and some fairly decent shocks.

Its not a 1934 rolls royce.

More to the point, it's a 182 Cup with some fairly decent shocks. Apparently the most pointless car ever made, but nail a nice suspension to it and it's suddenly race car.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Personally if you wanna f**k about with a Clio buy a good 182/172. Trophys are spec'd an designed specifically already altered an Have trophy suspension, ride height for handling etc. You wanna lower an change stuff buy a normal Clio sport an knock yourself out. That's just my opinion.

Hes only added a set of wheels lol.

Sunflower Ph1 172
Regardless of CS forum circlejerking logic, I think those wheels just aren't very nice in the first place. I'd stick with the turinis personally.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Regardless of CS forum circlejerking logic, I think those wheels just aren't very nice in the first place. I'd stick with the turinis personally.

Agreed, we ran the same wheels on our mk2 as trackday wets for a while, but only cause I had them laying about and hadnt found anything decent yet, as soon as I got some oz f1s to use as wets instead I got rid of the hateful vegas, lol