ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HAS THIS HAPPENED 2 U

GAVE MY CAR A BIT OF A BLAST SUNDAY.GOT TO ABOUT 120MPH AND IT STARTED TO HESITATE AND SLIGHTLY MISFIRE.SLOWED DOWN AND SAW THE LIGHT ON THE DASH SIGNIFYING ELECTRICAL FAULT WAS ON. FROM THEN ON THE CAR WOULDNT DO MORE THAN 40MPH.MANAGED TO GET HOME TURNED THE ENGINE OFF AND RESTARTED. LIGHT WENT OUT AND CAR HASNT MISSED A BEAT SINCE. JUST THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE A COMMON FAULT AND THAT I SHOULD GET RENAULT TO CHECK IT OUT.

ANY INFO ?

CHEERS GARY. B.T.W ITS A 172 2002.

I think the fact that it limited to 40mph was that it went into "limp" mode, this is when the ECU detects something wrong and therefore prevents you doing more damage. Might be worth getting Renault to plug it into the diagnostics and see if all is well.

I had a similar thing (was travelling at about 85mph with 5K on clock) wrong but the car slowed right down to a stop, wouldnt start and had to use my Renault Assistance to get back to London. It was a fault with the ignition coils which is a known problem for 02 172s and will be replaced under warranty if found faulty (but they only replace the faulty ones). New 172s have slightly different coils (I got all mine changed but was a bit of a fight)

Hope this helps...

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

it used to happen in my punto. if i went on the motor way and stayed at like 100 for ages it would cut out and i would loose power and a light would come on the dash. then it would limit the revs to something like 4k. the light lways came on when u turned the ignition then turned off. i never did get to find out what it was but i was well annoyed for motor way drivin

Mini Cooper S JCW