ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

has anyone tried these speakers?

We noticed no sound from our rear speakers...ohhh! stupid renault dont fit them...WHAT!!!!!

As to your question.Yes the reviews are good, with a new head unit. Problem is, the left hand tweater is a bad job to fit.You have to lift the dash a bit.All because the hole is off centre...another Renault cockup

Clio 172 Cup
Yeah I've got these in my Cup.

Fitment of the tweeters is usually a dash-off job but if you're careful it's not that hard - there's a guide on here somewhere.

With the standard HU it's definitely an improvement and you can push the volume up a lot further without distortion. With an aftermarket HU (I've got a Kenwood BT60U) they perform a lot better. Punchy and clean. Would recommend.

Listerine & Poledo
These are the easiest upgrade possible.

You can, just about, get the tweets changed without ripping the dash out. I've had a trial-run before ordering a set myself. DOn't get me wrong, swearing will occur, but the little buggers WILL come out undamaged.

You could do with a small amp to drive them though.

EDIT: Oh, and tap up MT Audio on here, he may be able to do you a deal. Mind, even if he can only match the price, support your CS traders!

Erm, im not too sure mate, i couldn't say tbh, best thing is to do a bit more searching, maybe find a pic or someone can say, ive never bothered with the tweeters.

Quick google img search finds this:

daweed_1083102261_twt06.jpg

daweed_1083102321_twt07.jpg

Looks like the plug that goes in is the normal speaker plug for the front sides and the back... so getting another pair of speaker adapters youd just have to check what sort of terminals are on the tweeters, if they're are the thin and fat terminals, again its plug and play with no cutting and soldering, original tweeter plug into new adapter then terminals on the new tweeter, if the terminals are different you might have to crimp the right terminals on or just solder straight to the tweeter but all good.

Didnt realise this myself before... so may route through the edge tweeters i have in the loft and change them over.

Source: http://www.forum-auto.com/les-clubs/renault-clio/sujet185121.htm

This looks like a newer clio but i would think its all the same looking at the similar plugs.

Listerine & Poledo
with the Pioneer set you dont have to mess around with fiting crossovers either.

They are the most plug 'n' play kit you can get.

Sure there are cheaper aned better, but I'm going for the Pioneers as it'll save me $$$$$ in time, effort or professional help.