ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone refurbed the original 182 seats?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I have no input on actual refurbs. But if I was to get it done I’d try and get a bit more bolster and a deeper seat base if they are able to customise them a bit and try to get them to lower the bases.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I’d imagine you’d be better off finding some better condition seats, they don’t seem to go for much money. Unless you want something custom done like above.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I kept my original Ph1 seats with the long term goal of refurbing them. If this ever happens I have no idea! But it was cheaper and easier and quicker l to fit buckets to smarten the interior up

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks all.

As most will have done - the bolster on the right side had pretty much crumbled away to nothing and I can feel the rigid plastic (?) section of the seat through it. Little surprise after 19 years worth of getting in and out of the car - but I actually do like the seats as it.

Of course, some lovely Recaros would be the preferred choice - but not at some of the prices they are going for!

I was just wondering if anyone had actually had the OEM bolsters restuffed or repaired at all?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
If that’s the route you want to go down. You could give these guys a call.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I've collected a few rear seats which look like they've never been sat on. I've spoken to a local upholsterer and he said there's enough material to rebuild the front seats should I need to. Mine are nice in the RB but good to know should they start looking tired.