ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

has anybody changed lights in dash

Stanced Honda S2000

has anybody changed the bulbs in the speedos etc . i want neon blue ones to match my car. i have footwell neons etc just wanna get the heaters, speedos etc changed to neon blue bulbs. does this work ? has anybody done it ? if so how much and do u wanna help me for ale ? any pics ?

cheers. rich

i just asked a simular question but its like a ghost town in the interior section of the forums. every ones interested in the latest turbo avaliable rather than mint looking dials to compliment your new headunit ! thats more impressive to the ladies late at night with those sexy colours.

:D

If you actually used the search function you will find this has coem up several times before.

In a quick answer, you wanna change teh coloutred bits of plastivc that make the bulbs appear to be coloured,or reomve them and buy blue bulbs.

Oh i wish folks would use the search, maybe this is why you got no answers?

Stanced Honda S2000

yeah if ppl used the search all the time there wud be no posts. duh.

so basicall remove the orange lense AND replace the bulbs with blue ones ?

has anybody done it here succesfully, wud they be willing to help me out for either beer or cash ?

Your only allowed to search now!! No posting allowed!! Hehe!!

LOL @ spirez!!!

I wanted to do this too, but seemed tricky I think!! There are a couple of people on here who have done it but not many.

Bumder With A Buffer

u should of joined in in the group buy we had on MJ Design dials. Theres a thread on here someware about them.

Similar to what u want to do but the dials actually light up themselves, not back lighted like normal. Im having all the dials done, heater panel and temp display. should look good WHEN I EVENTUALLY RECEIVE THEM!!! ;)

Id help ya if your not to far away from me.... im in suffolk near ipswich

Stanced Honda S2000

err hull, yorkshire. just want the same dials but to glow up blue. cud come down one day ? where ya get the bulbs from etc.

Bumder With A Buffer

THINK U CAN GET THE BULBS FROM PLACES LIKE MAPLIN OR R.S. I COULD GIVE U A STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO CHANGE THEM. WHAT CLIO IS IT FOR???

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The dials for the new clio use leds.

you need to desolder them from the board and replace with blue items or what ever colour you need.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

rich_m i was planning on putting neon beamers in mine so they went from under the seats and beamed in glowing the footwell.

what did you connect them to, this is on the mark 1 phase2, let me know if you figure bout the bulbs to, sounds a good idea.

cheers

Stanced Honda S2000

its for a new clio. the thing that confuses me is removing dash etc etc etc.

so if anybody is good at stuff like this i will pay ?

Quote: Originally posted by richy22 on 23 July 2004

u should of joined in in the group buy we had on MJ Design dials. Theres a thread on here someware about them.

Similar to what u want to do but the dials actually light up themselves, not back lighted like normal. Im having all the dials done, heater panel and temp display. should look good WHEN I EVENTUALLY RECEIVE THEM!!! ;)

Id help ya if your not to far away from me.... im in suffolk near ipswich
Not reading the threads on here I wouldnt, sounds like everyone got ripped off big time. I want to get the whole lot blue too so if anyone finds a def solution to doing it let me know.

I wanted to do this too, but seemed tricky I think!! There are a couple of people on here who have done it but not many.

Ahhhh... your talking about that darned search function again :p

Stanced Honda S2000

ha ha . i want dials and heaters blue and clock oddly orange. just to make it stand out a bit more.

Stanced Honda S2000

what size leds do i need ? and has anybody released a step by step guide for removing dash ?

Stanced Honda S2000

how many do i need for heaters and dials. which leds do i need also. i wanna make a start this weeekend.

None

The heater and clock use one bulb each - the dials use a few tho - maybe 5-10 (more like 10) cant remember tho aint touched them for ages lol. I think the bulb sizes are 501 on mk1s its best to search and find out tho the links i gave earlier were helpful for me tho

I have just removed the orange plastic covers on the two dial bulbs. Was easy for the middle one, the bottom left cover was a pig to remove as it had a clip and was glued.

Managed to remove with a couple of micro screwdrivers under it applying pressure while pulling the clip/tab back.

Dials are now white rather than orange, although its quite a subtle change, it looks good.

Going to go to Maplins tomorrow to get some blue LEDs.

Will post pics when complete, thats if I dont c*ck it up and it looks sh*t. :)

Pic of orange covers:

http://img31.exs.cx/img31/6950/panel.jpg

/Mad

Ok,

Half way through and it is looking fantastic, I have changed the bottom left bulb over for a blue LED with a 120 ohm resistor. Now to change the middle bulb over (cost of components is £3.72).

Once complete I will post pictures and a complete step by step guide minus the swearing and crappy soldering, thank the lord for shrink tubing :).

/Mad