ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harphamominom's Ph1 Project - sunflower content p12 onwards

Re: Harphamominom's Ph1 Project

Swap for Monaco blue phase 2?
No Deal.
Sorry to say it it though mate, but I don't like the smaller plates on a Ph1. Don't think they're needed like they are on a Ph2 and just look wrong.
Kinda agree now that I have it on. Im not over keen, but ahh well, it can stay now as i'm not buying another set and i'm scared to take it off LOL!

New(/old) steering wheel has been purchased and i'll hopefully get that delivered/fitted next week. Also may try pikey fixing my exhaust for the winter, so that I can either save up for a new system or wait for the right one to come up for sale.

I took my smaller one off for the MOT and put a standard one on. I think the standard one can stay on now TBH. Can't be bothered with the hassle.

100% agree about not being noticed in it. It's just a Clio to most people which suits me perfectly. I'd have the badge off the boot if it didn't leave holes.

I envy your MPG though. I don't even get 30 from mine. No idea how. Must be because I only do tiny journeys or if I do a longer one and it gets warm, I'm driving more enthusiastically :eek:

I had new plates made for my phase 1 and they are fine with the standard size.

Also agree on the lack of attention, was lovely. This phase 2 I now have gets loads but its mainly people laughing at my exhaust :(

100% agree about not being noticed in it. It's just a Clio to most people which suits me perfectly. I'd have the badge off the boot if it didn't leave holes.

I envy your MPG though. I don't even get 30 from mine. No idea how. Must be because I only do tiny journeys or if I do a longer one and it gets warm, I'm driving more enthusiastically :eek:

I quite like the thought that people think its just a little 1.2. In the 200, I would get people riding up my backside every single time I went out in it, as they assume I must want a race. With this, people hold back, as I bet they want to give room incase anything falls off.

My journeys are short tbh. 4, 5 tops, miles to work. I have been driving quite calmly though atm, whilst the exhaust isn't in full working order. Ill probably abuse it a bit more once I sort a stainless.

Just took delivery of a replacement steering wheel, boom! (will update with pics another day)

This weekend will entail fitting that, along with a washer pump.

I can't decide which way to go with this car... Some decisions will be made very soon!!

Not much of an update to give, bar a new sticker ;)...

6481812619_cebc20b488_z.jpg
Ph-Shed Sticker by Harpham y0, on Flickr

6481813141_b2cc17df6b_z.jpg

Ph-Shed Sticker by Harpham y0, on Flickr

I keep changing my plans with the car, so i'm just going to run it over winter, see if it survives and then decide on it's path.

M140i

Ahh newbies that dont remember the ph-quick era................................................................................................................................enough said.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Ahh newbies that dont remember the ph-quick era................................................................................................................................enough said.

I'm not sure Harpmoanyotterom was even born when the Ph1 came out ?!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

Doesn't make it look any better though does it?

UPDATE

So last week, a part that i've been waiting for came up for sale on here at the right price, so I quickly snapped that up...

390016_10150413497311254_528626253_8728674_1027104397_n.jpg

(Thanks goes to Bill.Coffin)

I swiftly got that down to my local spray man, who should be spraying it as we speak ;)

On Monday this week, I was driving through my estate on the way to work in the morning. Slight bit of frosting on the road and the car felt like it had no grip whatsoever. Previous owner put budgets on. I was planning to change them after winter, as I didn't want to spend that amount of money atm, but the lack of grip opened my eyes and worried me.
Yesterday, I had a set of these delivered:

6520113187_09f0502d04_z.jpg

New Tyres: Toyo Proxes T1R by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Wasn't my top choice by any stretch, but for £34 per tyre, I couldn't really say no. The car goes in tomorrow to have them fitted, plus I thought I might aswell have the tracking done whilst i'm at it.
All in all, I can't complain at a new set of half-decent tyres for less than £190 fitted.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

Could have bought v12's for a couple of quid more, or rainsports for that matter.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

T1Rs are alright on the Clio as it's a light car, but wouldn't be my first choice.

Next challenge... an amusing otter sticker.

Go.

:coffee:

Next challenge... an amusing otter sticker.
Challenge accepted... Maybe. Hmmmm
I was going to offer you my spoiler again.......NOT.
You wanted a silly amount for it. I've bought this and had it resprayed for a fair bit less than yours. ;)

Still may be interested in your exhaust though. Unsure yet though, as I cba with a massive drone, due to having quite a bit of driving planned for next year. I may even stick with standard :( . Best cash price, Bristolian?!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Still may be interested in your exhaust though. Unsure yet though, as I cba with a massive drone, due to having quite a bit of driving planned for next year. I may even stick with standard :( . Best cash price, Bristolian?!

Drive at 55 or 95.

Problem solved !

I had to clean the girlfriend's car today, so I thought it'd be rude not to give mine the once over. Last clean of the year. Cleaning cars should be banned at this time of year...
The new tyres were fitted and tracking was also sorted today. Funny how just changing the tyres and having the tracking sorted makes it feel like a totally different car.

6528022895_ce66e10921_z.jpg

17/12/11 After it's last clean of the year by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Comes up pretty clean tbh. Im actually looking forwards to Spring so that I can give it a proper detailing session.

Hopefully have an update coming at some point this week.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it dude. Remind's me if Revels' when he got it. So raw and oe. Proper ph1.

How is it feeling over the winter compared to the luxury mk3?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Looks well, makes me want a completely standard ph1 again

Cheers matey!! I'm loving it! No problems with the cold up to yet either. I didn't have air-con in the 200 either, which is a massive bonus in this tbh. This actually feels better specced than what my poverty 200 did ;).
Only real issue was the budget tyres slipping in the wet and when there was very slight frosting on the road, which have now been sorted!

I don't miss the 200 at all, still. I can see myself owning this car for a long time, as long as it stays reliable.

EDIT: Oh and I don't think that this will be staying totally standard ;). OEM+

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If course mate. Needs the spolier!

Love the colour. So much. Seen another in the flesh recently and I can't believe how much mettalic they put in it, it's perfect.

Can't believe how cheap those tyres are. I remember fitting 4 paradas for £140. I'd just get 1 tyre fitted for that these days. :(

You detailed it yet?

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers matey!! I'm loving it! No problems with the cold up to yet either. I didn't have air-con in the 200 either, which is a massive bonus in this tbh. This actually feels better specced than what my poverty 200 did ;).
Only real issue was the budget tyres slipping in the wet and when there was very slight frosting on the road, which have now been sorted!

I don't miss the 200 at all, still. I can see myself owning this car for a long time, as long as it stays reliable.

EDIT: Oh and I don't think that this will be staying totally standard ;). OEM+

Loving this!

Awesome little PH1, makes me want mine back :(

I especially like the highlighted part! Interested to hear what you have planned ;)

I especially like the highlighted part! Interested to hear what you have planned ;)
Theres a few directions that this car may go... Will all come to light in the Spring (aslong as it hasnt fell apart by that point) ;).
LOL good luck with that, jinxed now.
Its a case of 'when', not 'if' tbh... LOL
I am proper loving the shed though. Much more fun than the 200.
Phone 'sock' FTW ! I've probably got a spare one somewhere if you need one haha !
Haha. I might see if i've got anything lying around. Love getting a cold left hand in the mornings :rasp:

340i

Real men don't need covers or phone socks for there knobs.

Man the f**k up.