ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo road noise

182 FF
I bought a full set of Hankook Evo tyres after reading reviews and seeing that people rated them as a good mid range tyre and good in both the dry and the wet. I have had them on the car for around 3-4k miles now and have found them to be a good tyre in terms of grip level.

What is starting to happen though is that the level of road noise has slowly been getting worse and worse. To the point where it is so loud now that it's comparable to an exhaust with no silencers!

Has anyone else had any problems with road noise on Hankook Evo's? Any sugestions as to why it might be so bad?

182 FF
Checked the pressures?

Yep, pressures are fine. Checked to see if they are all fitted in the right direction, no excessive wear on them and they are not catching on anything from what i can see.

It's really starting to become unbearable, so much so that if i can't find a cure i may have to shell out for a whole new set of tyres. Not something i want to do or can really afford to do though.

182 FF
Guess there must be something up then if the two of you have them and have no noise at all. Definately will be checking the wheel bearings tomorrow.