ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfords colour mixing is shocking!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Just started spraying up some bumpstrips, but first had to get '647' mixed up at Halfrauds as they don't stock it as standard.

I admittedly haven't finished and am hoping that a few more coats will lighten the colour gradually as the primer is hidden, but it's a pretty dark grey at the moment and doesn't look very metallic at all!

I couldn't be arsed to check the match first, as it's only a tenner, so they won't accept it back now, but just thought I'd say...

Think I may have to pay the £15 per can that Renault charge... :(

Unless lacquer has an amazing lightening effect!

Clio 172mk2
go to a decent body shop place or find a independent one , one i use charges 8-12 quid depending on can size , and there excellent had no probs with them

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah, certainly a case of luck. The last 'Petrol Blue' spray I bought from them was excellent, highlighting the various shades of flip perfectly, but I guess silver is a harder match.

Anyone know of any decent suppliers in Exeter!?!

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Djw Dave said:
Some of the hafrauds team are quite good ;)

and some or rather most cant even do simple addition, how are they going to add .7g or a colour to something else without mucking it up?

'92 172, Lotus Elise
acrebo said:
I couldn't be arsed to check the match first, as it's only a tenner, so they won't accept it back now, but just thought I'd say...

I got them to give me my money back. colour was also too dark. (995)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
i used to work for halfords and used to mix a can of paints, imo no 2 cans would ever be the same.
additionally if u put too much of one colour in you were told to stick in a ice lolly style stick and pull some paint out of that colour till u got the right weight.
it was unbelievably inaccurate.
i regurally fuked up paint and if it was a nobber i wouldnt change it, although in my experience only eva had one can back