ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Cup
I just refurbished my wheels as there was quite a bit of kerbing on them. It's the first time I have tried to do this and the results are pretty good I think.

I did this with the wheels still on the car, masking over the whole recessed area for the wheel nuts, surrounding bodywork and brakes (I just used bin bags to mask off the brakes).

I got the filler and wet/dry paper, primer, 205-110 paint code spray can ( anthracite cup colour) and lacquer all from st helens autopaint.

I only used the primer where I had filled the kerbing and sanded down with 120 grit and then 240 grit wet and dry paper, used dry. I would say that there was really no need for any finer grit wet and dry paper than this, although I had it if needed.

Obviously with the facilities and time I would have taken all the wheels off but I did this in about 3 hours on the road outside my house spread over 2 days; first day filling and sanding and the second day masking and painting.

Anyway some pics for you all...

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Look perfect mate! I did my own aswell and was impressed with the results

IMG_20150618_171703.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Look good, last set of wheels I attempted to refurb are still waiting to be finished.

Only 6 or 7 years now.